Chapter ten

Amaya sneaked into the prince's war room. Despite the fact that King Mael took away the prince's position as commander of the army, the army did not give up on him. He didn't resent them either. He was still their commander. Despite the king's orders.

Prince Ciaran secretly sent orders to the battle lines, and news of troop movements, victories and defeats was sent back to him by the same route. The royal guards were supposed to make sure that didn't happen, but all the news slipped through their fingers anyway. They were so stupid they didn't even notice. They didn't even suspect that the prince was obediently following his father's orders and not meddling in war affairs.

Amaya wanted to know how the war was going. Who is winning? Where is the fight? How are the individual troops moving? She wanted to know where they are right now and how the prince plans to turn the war to his advantage. Without permission, she rummaged through the prince's belongings to find out what kind of trap he would allow himself to be lured into this time. Although General Marcellus noted that when she was kidnapped, it was more useful than he expected because she was actually in command of the troops, but the commander is not that stupid. Amaya started something and the commander will know how to finish it.

She studied the map on the table, the layout of the flags and pieces. Deira seemed to start winning again. They advanced deeper into the country. But then she read the latest correspondence between the prince and the generals and connected it to the distribution of troops in the east of the country.

The Amorite troops are retreating, the generals wrote to the prince.

The letters mentioned a fortress on a lonely white rock in the middle of nowhere. Amaya fished in her memory, looked at the map and immediately knew what fortress it was. It was a starlight castle on a marble rock.

Everyone in Amorite knew it very well. The grandest parties were held there that everyone wanted to attend. They were exceptional. Not only by their magnificence but also by the fact that they were held only once a year.

It is said that the marble rock is a fallen star. That is why it is the only high point far and wide on the surrounding plains. In honor of this gift from heaven, they built a castle on the very top of the rock. Its uniqueness lay in the fact that it could only be reached for one single month of the year. For the rest of the year, the road to it is flooded with sea.

Celebrations were always held there in that one month. Amaya was always welcome, in fact, her participation was requested. She remembers sitting on the ramparts and watching the night skies. The brightest stars were located there. However, in the last few years, the battle line had gotten too close to the castle and it was dangerous to walk there.

The message she found was from four days ago.

The last one was from yesterday. It said: Are you sure we are to pursue and attack them, Your Highness?

Amaya thought for a moment. She wondered what the month was. She was thinking about when the new moon should come. She sighed.

She took a piece of paper and wrote on it: You are making a big mistake.

"Miss, His Highness Prince Ciaran requests your presence." one of the guards came to call her.

"What does His Highness want from her?" Zariah said before Amaya could open her mouth.

"How should I know?" retorted the soldier.

They had respect for Amaya, as the prince's bride, but none for the high priestess.

Amaya laughed at his answer.