Chapter 11

Aanvik's Pov

I stand shocked at what just happened. I didn't think that she would be this bold, just earlier in the morning I could see a little fear whenever I came close to her, but now, she put Haldi on me and walked away as if nothing happened. I looked down to see that a little haldi was on my hand along with the henna that unknowingly got on my hand while I picked her up earlier.

I brush off any other ideas that come to me and proceed to the guest room that has been assigned to me. Nilesh and Nalini are standing at the door. When they see me approaching, they smile.

"Do you want anything from me, Uncle Aunty?" I ask them as I observe them both looking at each other as though speaking through their eyes.

"Beta, your father must have told you about the wedding, right? We were so delighted to know that Veer wants to convert this professional relationship into a personal one."
Nilesh said, in his usual sickly-sweet voice.

"We are so happy that you chose our niece as your future wife, and we want you to meet our niece, we want you guys to get to know each other so that me and Veer can finally put
a new stamp on our friendship."

"I get it Uncle... fine I will meet your niece... is she here?" I ask them already irritated wanting to get over this shit as soon as possible.

"Aap log andar baithye, main Kaya- oh, I mean Vaani ko bula kar laati hu." Nalini says and walks away to call her niece.

While Nalini is off to get her niece, Nilesh and I have a small chat. Suddenly, a harsh and overly sweet smell hits my nostrils, making me want to puke. I try to stay calm and pray to God that this will all be over soon.

I glance towards the door and see a beautiful woman, possibly my age, entering the room; she stands in front of me, and I also rise to introduce myself.

"Hi, I am Aanvik Shekhawat, it's a pleasure to meet you," I say in a bored tone, hoping that it will end soon, as I cannot bear the smell of this perfume for even a second more.

"Hii, I am Ka-Vaani Rajput, nice to meet you as well." She shakes my hand and then starts talking to her mother, while I observe her. She is dressed strangely in a white shirt and denim trousers, and her face is heavily makeup. She doesn't resemble the girl my father described. She appears to be some plastic bitch who is as stupid on the inside as she is on the front.

After a few minutes of talking, she gets a call, which causes her to hastily jump up and depart without looking at any of us. She's such a jerk! What on earth did I get myself into?

I exit the room after the meeting to discover the second floor being adorned and the altar being prepared for the wedding. It appears that the wedding will take place solely on this floor. My phone rings, and I see that it's Dad calling. He must have arrived at Delhi Airport, so I called Nilesh to see if there was a car available to send to pick up my parents.

Maa and Dad arrive, and Nilesh and Nalini extend special hospitality to them. I also meet them, and Dad gives me a tiny nod as if to inquire if the work is finished. I return his
nod and transfer his and Mom's bags to one of the guest rooms.

Author's Pov

The walls were echoing with chatter, music, and laughter as the house was decorated like a bride. The altar was exquisitely decorated with hues of yellow and red, and a veil of flowers draped over it, giving the impression that it was in utter heaven. A young bride in a stunning red lehenga sat at the altar, her beautiful eyes filled with hopes and wishes. She sat at the altar, waiting for the love of her life to arrive and marry her. Her eyes were filled with so much love that it could even melt the coldest heart.

 Her eyes were filled with so much love that it could even melt the coldest heart