Chapter 15. Coexist

There is mentions of a toxic and abusive relationship along with themes regarding gaslighting and anxiety. Depression is hinted throughout the chapter with written mild sexual content. Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

•───•⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇•───•

The week passes. Minho finds himself avoiding classes for the next three days after he abruptly leaves on Monday, staying home and holding Han closely to his chest. The onslaught of panic and anxiety was too much for Minho to handle with the resurfacing trauma of Min-Ji's abusive behavior now going around the school in a set of rumors.

The moment the recording was heard by Min-Ji's company, a statement was released that vaguely disclosed her separation from her debuting group, claiming that she needed time for her mental health. But her fans were not happy enough with that answer, searching through buzzing articles and hacking into databases just enough to retrieve a leak of a report.

The recording itself was private, but the details of her behavior towards Minho was released into the public by swarm. Minho's phone was persistent, buzzing every thirty seconds with old friends apologizing to him, but he deleted every text and almost blocked every number. He sat on the couch nearly the entirety of the day Tuesday, eyes staring into the television thoughtlessly as Han tried to make lunch and wondered how to make his boyfriend feel better.

Old memories scramble to stay afloat in Minho's mind as he listens to berating nightmares of a traumatic past resurface, but he leaves them little room to breathe. Every memory, every thought, every single anxiety-ridden tear is swallowed, leaving Minho no choice but to drown himself in silence and kisses to Han's jaw.

He wasn't coping healthily by any means, but he felt he had no other way out of his own, traumatizing mind. Han was there, always worrying and always asking what he could do, but Minho did his best to downplay every emotion, every flashback, swallowing tears and hitched breaths. Han did his best to comfort Minho in whatever way he could, holding his hand, kissing his temple, breathing his air and whispering affectionate words.

Touching naked skin and tasting each other was Minho's escape, swallowing quiet moans from Han's lips as he touches him, leaving each other blissed beyond reason. Han always kissed him before they slept, whispering a quiet I love you before drifting to sleep and praying that Minho would sleep too.

Wednesday passes with the same routine, leaving both males to settle into bed that Thursday night, bringing silence and comfort, finally beginning to feel the essence of healing wash through the bedroom.

Minho, in reality, needed time to think. His mind was a complete mess, but that was a given considering the unhealthy amount of time he'd spent regretting the choice to out his ex like that. Felix and Han both tried to reassure the decision that he so rashly made, but Minho continued to feel guilty nonetheless.