Eight

Ellie  

Christopher and I were on the way to the first official meeting for the wedding, which was being held at Josh's house. I parked on the street and walked towards the house, Chris' hand intertwined with mine.   

"You gonna be okay tonight?" He asked softly as I rang the bell  

"What do you mean?"  

"You know....with him here?"  

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I'm not worried about him, I have you." I smiled towards him  

He smiled back.  

"Good. Then I have no need to worry right?"  

"Duh." I chided, playfully pushing him  

The door opened and there stood Josh with a welcoming smile.  

"Ellie, Chris, just in time. Come in, everyone's in the living room."  

I walked in with Chris trailing behind me as Josh shut the door.  

"Nice place."  

"You seemed surprised." He smirks "Come on, everyone's through here."  

I internally steeled myself, straightening my back and un-slumping my shoulders.  

"Game time champ." Chris murmured into my ear  

I smirked and we followed Josh until we came to an open Den like area with couches and a huge flat screen tv on the wall. I saw Amber and Cairo sitting on the couch with a space beside them, clearly for us. And then I saw Brandi sitting on this huge couch, which no doubt had a spot for Josh on it. He sat down and we both walked in. I took the room in more and saw Evan and Jack sitting on their own love seat....and then I saw him, sitting in the corner, quiet and observant. But when we entered, his eyes jumped to me and seemed to come alive. I looked away quickly and subconsciously squeezed Chris's hand.   

"Hey you two, come sit next to us." Cairo smiled  

We both said our hello's and sat down next to Amber and Cairo. I ignored the man I knew was in the corner closest to the door as we sat and looked towards Brandi and Josh expectantly.  

"Well you guys, uh, welcome to our first meeting." Brandi said  

We all clapped with smiles and waited for the two love birds to speak.  

"As you know, we've been dating for two years now and we think that it's time for us to take the next step. We are so happy that you guys are close enough that we can count on you to be apart of this wonderful occasion."