Prologue

(this might get a bit long, i feel like i haven't developed or expanded on some things at all.)

(also, this isn't too related to the series, so, if you want to skip past this, it won't make a difference.)

My dad, Dawn and I moved to a busier part of Canada. It was for his office job, or, whatever he was doing, but that meant I had to move schools, and, away from Zoey. I was only a bit upset, but then, when I found out where exactly we were moving to, I got a lot more frustrated, rather than upset. We were moving to a place four hours away. Sure, I mean, change is a part of life, but, Jesus Christ, I was half-way through my GCSE's, and I had to exchange all my previous work from my old, cramped school to my new, busy one. I guess I was just pissed off at my dad for not telling us until a week prior. I was wondering why he was boxing so much up...

I don't know why I didn't piece it together sooner. I mean, he was doing everything BUT our room...

But, right now, I was walking by myself, being directed to my new school for something they like to call a 'walk-around', just to get an idea of where the rooms and all that stuff was. Of course, I was on my own. Dad was at work, Dawn was homeschooled. Dad's got so many hours, yet he can't spend ten minutes to come meet my teachers. And, I get Dawn, but, seriously? Like, just, face your fears, and go to a public school. I'm the only one that's ever been to a public school. Or, a school, in general. Both my parents were from private schools, and, as I've said before, Dawn's homeschooled.

I checked my phone again, looking at the directions. Apparently, I was here. I raised my head to see a, not large, but not small, school building. It was obvious there were two schools combined into one, and several blocks where they kept offices, classrooms, and all those other things. I think I might've been a bit early... what, like, ten minutes? Still... There was a teenager, a lot more formal, waiting for me.

She was tan, and had black hair with a light brown highlight that was tied in a ponytail. She was wearing a blue hoodie with an orange stripe across the middle, black pants, and white shoes. As soon as she laid eyes on me, her dark brown eyes lit up, as a smile grew on her face. "Hey! You must be... Dusk, right?" I did not share the same expression. I sighed in boredom, and answered. "Yeah, I'm Dusk." She looked down at her clipboard, before looking back up. "Great! My name is Frida, I'll be guiding you around the school! I've already got all of your information from your old school, so we'll go to the places you're most interested first!"

Frida...? That's one of the worst names I've ever heard.

"Listen, before you try and become friends with me, you should know that the 'nerdy do-gooder' spot is already taken, so you better find another skill, or else you're out." She hummed quickly, and tilted her head. "Well... good to know! Hehe... uh... why don't we get started? Follow me, I'll lead you around." I slung my bag over my shoulder, and reluctantly followed after. "Whatever."

*

"Over here is the assembly hall. As the name suggests, we take assembly here every Wednesday. It isn't the most interesting place on Earth, even I'll admit that." She just kept talking, and talking, and talking. She was the representative for the entire school, so she was off-lesson for today, and, I kid you not... she was disappointed. "Oh! I know that you have phys-ed as a GCSE, so I'll lead you to the sports hall." I raised a brow.

I guess this trip might have some use to me...

We walked around, and the hallways were like every one in the American films, where kids are shoved into lockers, and all that crap. I just want this stupid thing to be over and done with, so that I could just get my GCSE work started again. "So, this is the largest part of the P.E section. It's where we do gymnastics, and other sports than have a court, like netball. We usually go outside on the field for football and rugby."