Part 10

"Speaking"

-Thinking-

Kurenai was stood patiently waiting alongside her fellow Jonin instructors, they had been called to report on the individual tests they had given to their future teams and if they had passed. The only one not in attendance was Kakashi but that didn't surprise anyone, he was notorious for being incredibly late for anything other than high ranking missions.

Each Jonin that had taken a civilian team on had finished their reports, not so surprising was that none of them had passed. The academy was only a shadow of what it once was and no one could understand why the Hokage allowed it to get so bad. Kurenai took the time that Asuma gave while giving his report to really think over how she would word her report, she was sure Hiruzen would have serious questions about her team, more specifically Naruto he was greatly invested in Naruto and would want to know his exact part in the teams success. Kurenai just wished Kakashi was here so she could rub it in her face, it would be her revenge for his reading porn in public everywhere he went.

She came out of her thoughts when Asuma stepped back showing he was done with his report, apparently he had given his team several different scenarios they might face in the future during missions varying in difficulty. They needed to plan their way around each scenario utilising each individual skill and describe how each skill would benefit the completion of the mission.

Hiruzen turned to the last Jonin currently in attendance and gave her his full attention, secretly he had been looking forward to her report the most. Hiruzen was aware of most of Narutos talents, it took a lot to get the boy to open up as much as he did but Hiruzen was glad that he had. When he heard about the control Naruto had over his chakra and the chains he had unlocked he believed that was as far as it went but to his shock Naruto opened up more. His tactical thinking, the jutsus he knew, his ability in hand to hand combat, his sensory capabilities but what surprised Hiruzen the most was that Naruto had managed to work out who his parents were. Naruto understood that if his lineage was made public he would be in danger from outside influence. That didn't stop Naruto from explaining that if Hiruzen had just trusted him more explained to Naruto why it was a secret he would have kept the secret to himself at least he would know who his parents were instead of wandering if they just simply abandoned him thinking the same way the village did, a mistake Hiruzen promised to himself he wouldn't make again.

The one big question Hiruzen still had was someone had to have trained him when he was younger but who, he was hoping Kurenais report might offer some insight into the answer as Naruto was extremely tight lipped on the subject.

Kurenai stepped forward ready to offer her report but was interrupted by the arrival of one Kakashi, she smiled inwardly even though he was still reading his porn she would make him drop it in shock. She didn't leave out anything, Narutos master plan, each members part in the capture, their ability to adapt, Narutos leadership capabilities and the other twos willingness to fall in line, what each member had displayed in terms of skill, she put everything down on the table. Hiruzens smile got bigger and bigger the more Kurenai went on with her report, he had caught her keeping a close on Kakashis reaction to her report. Sure enough the silver haired Jonin had found her report on someone he wanted on his team to be far more interesting than his book which was impressive in itself. Kakashi felt a bit of jealousy at Kurenais good luck at receiving Naruto for her team, he would have made a perfect rival for Sasuke and his growth, Naruto would have been the glue that held his team together something he needed if Kakashi was going to reduce the threat on Sasuke as a flight risk to the village. 

Once Kurenai had finished her report and informing him of their passing she stepped back in line ready to listen to Kakashis report, the interesting part was he had failed every single team before this one under the image that they didn't display the proper teamwork. The thing was Kakashi utilised the bell test something that Kurenai thought was insanely difficult for fresh out of the academy students to go through, hell even some Chunin failed the test so what hope would academy students have. Kakashis report went about as well as everyone expected, he of course went with the bell test, he would have two bells and those which had a bell by end of the test would pass while the other one would fail. A giant lie of course the true test was if the team could work together to acquire the bells then display further teamwork by sticking together at the end despite there only being two bells. 

Apparently Sasuke refused to acknowledge his teammates saying they would only get in the way, Sakura was as big as a fangirl could get and followed Sasuke no matter what he did or said. Kiba apparently was the only one to show any interest in working with his teammates at all. Once his report had finished all the Jonins Kurenai included thought Kakashi would fail them and given his report that was really the only answer, to everyones surprise though he passed them still god only knows why.

"Thank you all for your reports, its a a shame we had so many failed teams hopefully next year will prove to be more fruitful. All those that had failed teams you are dismissed and those who passed their teams please remain behind for a moment". Hiruzen spoke up finally.

After the dismissed Jonins had left the office Hiruzen spoke up again.

"Now I wish to inform you three that I plan to create an challenge that will effect only your three teams for the next 3 months. In an interest to promote a sort of friendly rivalry between the teams I propose that we introduce a point system for the teams to earn by doing missions and each week points will also be rewarded for the team that shows the most growth during that week. I wish for you all to pick one member of your team which will represent their team as it's captain". Hiruzen explained.

Asuma spoke up first, "I nominate Shikamaru Nara as my Genin teams captain".

Next Kakashi was quick to add his choice, "I nominate Sasuke Uchiha as my teams captain".

"As he has already filled the slot comfortably I nominate Naruto Uzumaki as my Genin teams captain". Kurenai stated.

"Very well, one more thing you should note, at the end of the 3 month challenge the captains of the two higher scoring teams will fight to determine a winning team, the team that wins overall will be given exclusive access to my vault to choose one jutsu scroll to learn from that is acceptable by both myself and their Jonin instructor". Hiruzen finished explaining.

"That's quite the reward dad are you sure about this?". Asuma questioned.

"Yes I've thought it through quite a bit. I wanted something to motivate the teams as the Chunin exams are coming up and we are hosting them, I want to give a good show to everyone on the strength of the next generation". Hiruzen answered finally dismissing then.

Each Jonin bowed in respect before disappearing like they were never there off to tell their teams about the challenge coming up.