𝟎𝟐 | 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡

It was weird how it happened.

We all knew something was wrong at first, but we didn't think too much of it. Yeah, the hot dogs tasted weird, but they did come out of the back of a car so ... what did we expect?

It was when we all started to feel the hot dogs sink in that we started to get worried. One by one, we all started to clench our stomachs and groan in pain.

"I don't feel so good," Reggie admitted.

"Neither do I," Alex added.

"Do you think we'll be able to perform tonight?" Luke asked.

"One thing at a time, buddy," I groaned.

The obvious conclusion was that we had a little bit of food poisoning. Big whoop, everyone's experienced that at least once in their lives. We'd be fine. We just needed to get to a doctor, right? Wrong. We couldn't even stand up, how were we supposed to find a way across town to the hospital? A lady walking by must've noticed our discomfort and offered to call an ambulance.

"Guys, I don't think I'll make it," Alex said.

"Don't be such a drama queen," Luke winced, "We'll be fine. That nice lady called us an ambulance. We'll be good in no time."

Luke said this as the four of us were sprawled across the ground in an alleyway. Basically, it wasn't looking too good.

"Good thing that Bobby guy decided he was a vegetarian for those few minutes," I coughed.

"I wonder how they're doing?" Luke asked, if only to get his mind off things.

"However they're doing, it's probably a lot better than us," Alex replied.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," I said. "I don't think Rose was really interested in him."

The boys and I started to laugh a little, but it hurt too much. We lay there in silence for a bit and things were looking grim. I could see them growing paler by the minute.

"You know, I always dreamed of being part of a concert in the Orpheum," I said, hoping the guys could still hear me. "Maybe not onstage, but you can't have a concert without sound."

"Don't say that," Luke said, his voice had dropped to a strained whisper. "You make it sound like you're dying."

I turned my head over to face him. I didn't mention the fact that Alex and Reggie had gone really quiet. As I met Luke's eyes, we both knew what was coming next.

All we could do was laugh until we couldn't laugh anymore.