One-Shot: The Reunion

A/N:

I want to start by thanking "twd_number1_fan" for bringing this one-short story to life. I was wondering how to introduce a one-shot while I have two heavy stories that need to be worked on. But I know some active TWDG/Clouis Fanfic readers, like myself, craving something new and cute.

Note to All: No Ava, Mariana, or Gabe. Focusing on the main crew.

So, I'll let you guys enjoy this short story. Please share your thoughts in the comments and favorite/share if you like it. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Even though English is my first language, I'm not proud of how awful it's been. But I enjoy typing my creative world and sharing it with yall.

Enjoy. 🎃

.

.

One-Shot: The Reunion

After finishing his work at the studio, Louis bid farewell to his colleagues, slung his leather messenger bag over his shoulder, and hurried out to the parking lot. He reached into his back pocket and pressed the button on his key fob to unlock his car. The headlights of a grey BMW 3 Series flickered twice while the car beeped. It was pleasant to hear his car's purring before he got in.

As he slipped into the driver's seat, he tossed his bag on the passenger seat. Before he drove off, his phone vibrated on his thigh. Usually, he would ignore a call, but something told him to pick it up and check who was calling. He hoped that the person calling was not his father. Their relationship had been strained since he moved out two years ago because he couldn't tolerate his father's new wife.

When he connected his phone to the infotainment system, the caller ID displayed "Min." He clicked the answer button, shifted to drive, and left the lot.

"Hey, man," she grumbled. Judging by her voice, she sounded upset, which saddens him. Minerva is one of his closest friends, and they stayed in contact after high school.

"Sup, Min." Louis greeted as he focused on the road.

"I'm fucking shit face right now."

"You need a ride home?" He asked her.

"No need. I'm home." She slurred.

"Then why are you drinking? Are you drinking alone?" Concerned filled his voice. Usually, they would catch up at a chill bar and chat between a few drinks. Drinking alone meant something was up, especially when she reached out to him.

"Mhmm. I couldn't think straight after seeing Brody's new group chat." Minerva complained. Louis groaned. After the fifth group chat that Brody created, Louis stopped responding and reading them. Overall, he left the text notifications off. Therefore, they would need to contact him directly if they want to reach him. Also, he was avoiding certain people.

Besides that, he's been quite busy as a music producer with familiar and new artists. He also works on his music at the studio with his team.

"Another one? Does she ever get tired of doing that?"

"Apparently not. Some people changed their numbers over time, so Bro updated the chat by creating new ones. But have you even checked this one out!?" She asked. Louis rolled his brown eyes and signed.

"I muted it after seeing so many notifications between them. I'm driving right now. So, what did they say?" Louis asked in a monotone voice. He was not engaged in this conversation, but part worried about where it was going.

"Not exactly what they said, but who is coming to this reunion Ruby planned."

'Damn.' Louis thought.

"Why? Don't she and Aasim live in Texas?" Louis held his hand out and shrugged his shoulders. Minerva snorted.