Oct. 5: Dancing Together - Aleheather

we are going to pretend that i didn't forget to click publish yesterday!

october 6th will be out today
__________________________________
It was a Friday night and Heather and Alejandro were sitting on their couch in the living room doing nothing. The TV was on and they were watching "Suits."

After being stuck in a robot suit for so long, Alejandro developed, let's call it a nervous tick. When he sits still for too long, he starts to get fidgety and has to be doing something. Well, having been sitting on the couch for a few hours, he was starting to get fidgety.

He never liked to admit to Heather when he would get fidgety like this so he turned towards her, pausing the TV. "Amor?"

She turned her head to him, her eyes following last. "Yes?"

"Can I teach you something?"

"Depends on what it is." She turned her body towards him, interested in what he wanted to teach her.

"Can I teach you how to dance?"

"I already know how to dance, idiot."

"No no, not like that." Alejandro stood up, reaching his hand out. Heather hesitantly grabbed it and Alejandro pulled her to her feet. "Like this," he said spinning her around and moving his feet back and fourth and side to side. Heather was stumbling over her own feet, trying to stay in rhythm with him.

"Slow down you jerk!" Heather got out of his grasp and backed away from him, crossing her arms over her hips. "You can't just do that to me!"

Alejandro laughed a bit, walking closer to Heather again and put his hands around her waist. "Then let me teach you."

"Fine."

He smiled, putting her left arm on his shoulder and intertwined their other hands. "This is the position that we are going to be in. Are you okay like this?"

"Yeah I'm okay like this." Heather's cheeks rose to a subtle pink. She secretly loved when Alejandro did stuff like this and lives for it.

"Now, first you're going to take a step back with your right leg first, and your left leg following. Just like you're taking a regular step backwards."

Heather nodded and took a backwards, using her right leg, her left one following.

"Good! Now, take a full step to your left."

After doing that, Alejandro explained the rest of the stepping until Heather understood it and was able to do it consistently.

"You're doing great, mí amor!" Alejandro smiled and softly kissed her.

"I guess I must have a pretty good teacher then," Heather smirked, teasing him. "It wasn't even that hard to learn, all you do is step."

"Ah ah, that's where you're wrong, chica. That was just the basics of it. Now you have to learn how to actually step."

Heather rolled her eyes, hiding the smile threatening to form on her face. She got back into position and listened to Alejandro's instructions.

"Now hermosa, you're going to do those same steps but now you're going to put the back and side step together. Make sense?"

"Please, this is child's play." Heather took a step back and tried to side step but misplaced her foot and tripped over herself. Alejandro caught her and smirked as he did, "Child's play huh?"

"Shut up."

"Try again but this time, don't think about it too much. Just try and feel the flow."

Heather tried again, hitting her down foot again and almost fell. She tried again and again but it was the same thing. "Ugh! I can't get it."

"Breathe amor, not everyone gets it on their first few attempts. It took me a week to learn how to do this. Accept my madre made me dance with my uncle." Alejandro shivered after saying that, flashbacks hitting his mind. "Never again."

Heather laughed, picturing the scene of little Alejandro dancing with his uncle in her mind. Alejandro grabbed his phone and started playing the music to go along with the dance. "Let's try it with the music, the beats will help you with your feet placement."

They got back into position and waited for the music to restart. "Are you ready?"

Heather nodded and waiting for Alejandro to count the beats. This time, Heather was able to get through the dance with minor mistakes here and there. The music came to a stop and Alejandro was staring at Heather, a huge smile on his face.

"Heather, that was amazing! Not nearly as many mistakes as last time."

Heather's checks turned a light shade of pink, feeling proud of herself. "Thank you."

"See, this isn't so bad now is it?"

Heather rolled her eyes, "I guess not, but this isn't going to become some everyday thing, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am. Just one last time. For me."

"Fine Alejandro, but this is the last time." Heather wouldn't admit it but she liked doing this with him. She felt special and liked that he was teaching her something important to him.

They got back into the position and waited for the music to start. This time was perfect. Their bodies were in sync and neither of them missed a beat. As the music ended, Alejandro picked Heather up, spinning her around in his arms.

"Hey! Put me down you jerk!" Heather hit his back a few times before he finally put her down.

"You're so amazing, Heather." Alejandro gently grabbed her cheek and kissed her, pulling her body close to his. She kissed him back, smiling and wrapping her arms around his neck. Alejandro pulled back, smiling.

"I love you so much, hermosa."

"I love you too."
__________________________________
935 words