Chapter 3: awkwardness

I GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!  I am posting fast! 😁 Just a wee bit of angst to get y'all in the feels! But this is just the beginning 🤫 enjoy! K.J.S
ERIK
       Erik remembered that night, the entire opera house was full of people. Erik was sitting in his normal box, box 5. The show was, ok but not good enough for his tastes in which he would send a letter to the managers later. As the lights turned back on and the show ended, to Erik's surprise it was a mad rush to get out. The absolute indecency of people in such a place angered him. In order to not be seen he left silently and went to the more unpopulated parts of the opera house.

     He continued walking to escape the commotion when he saw something, no it was someone. Someone else was there...

As he thought back to that night he realized that Kylette is the girl he saw earlier. They were the same person, or ghost. The memory continued as Kylette looked at him.

     It had been hours and he was following the mysterious girl. He had no idea why she was still here and why she was running. She had not seen him, so it couldn't be that. He stayed in the shadows as the girl kept running. He saw that she was at the exit and was about to say something as she ran forward, but it was too late she had fallen down the stairs...

     He rushed over to the body and brought it close to look at it. Her neck was jerked at an off angle as the life in her eyes was gone, not that he had really seen much of it anyways. One thing was for sure, the girl was dead.

    Was he horrified? Yes. But why did he care? He killed people when necessary all the time! It's just this...this was different. He had said that type of stuff all the time with different people only to have more scars then before, and less hope. Erik swept up the body in his arms, bridal-style and carried it out to dump it in a secluded alleyway. Hidden and gone, hopefully to never be seen again.

     He sees now that although he has not seen the body again, he has seen something more important..the spirit.

KYLETTE
Kylette looked down at him, his eyes looked glazed over in thought. She didn't really know what to do other then just watch him. This man, the phantom, was definitely peculiar to say the least. Hiding in a mirror and killing people in an opera house is definitely not something a normal person would do, at least in her opinion. She had many questions, why was he behind the mirror, why was he teaching Christine Daae to sing, what were his motives in all of this? Kylette knew he wore the mask because he was deformed but she wondered if that was even true!

Her questions would unfortunately have to be temporary unanswered...as if she could get answers out of him anyways. Then again, he was scared of her, not the other way around... She could use that fear to get answers from him! She smirked slightly, but her empathy came back as always! Would that really be a good thing to do? Just scare an already terrified man in the name of getting answers? Well now she was torn, what to do?

ERIK
The awkward silence grew as the two of them stayed in their consecutive positions. Him backed against the wall, her standing above him, both awkwardly saying nothing. How do you even start a conversation with a ghost? A ghost who's body you threw in an alleyway a few days ago?! Erik thought to himself looking back up at the spirit. Kylette looked back at him as he eventually spoke up after a few more moments of tense silence. "So you are a real ghost?" He knew the answer already, but he was so desperate to break the silence, even if it was temporary.

    Kylette looked at him before replying "yes...Yes I am.." Her figure still felt like cold air from an imaginary blizzard to him as she spoke.

   Erik paused not really knowing what to say and just sitting in silence. Looking at her, the cold air that made up her presence chilled what was visible of his face not covered by his mask. It's like all the words he could say got caught in his throat and refused to leave, choking him. It was something so stupid! HE of all people didn't know what to say! Sure it's not like he talked to many people, but this wasn't even a person! It was a ghost! A ghost who he assumed was just some cold air with features! A ghost who he assumed couldn't physically harm him, because sure she could touch things, leaving a cold fog behind, but that didn't mean she could hold things.

       His embarrassment at this fact just made him more angered! HE WAS ERIK! A LEGEND! A monster... a monster...He was Erik, he was a legend, a legend of being a creepy monster, like everything else associated with him... He was just a monster to all, except for Christine..

    The thought of her made him blush, momentarily forgetting who, or what was in front of him. Oh sweet Christine, with the voice of angels, a face of true beauty, and a heart as kind as a goddess! Erik knew deep down though, if she knew who he really was, that he was no Angel with great power, that he was just a man, not even that. If she knew he was such a monster, a horrible, horrible wretch, The horrible phantom  of the opera... He knew she would leave and never want to see him again, he couldn't take it. Such rejection...he had faced so much already, from his mother and all those he ever associated with..(Except Nadir) and if it wasn't rejection then it was cruel mockery..

KYLETTE
      His awkwardness confused her slightly, wasn't the opera ghost known for being suave and creepy? Wasn't he known for having an angelic voice to hypnotize many? A ghost or more like a man, with his own personal box and an astute love for the arts? She knew she would get no clear answer, so she decided to prod again.
"So.." she paused "You are the phantom of the opera right?"

     Erik snapped from his thoughts abruptly as he remembered what he was doing, and where he was. "I- Yes...yes I am" Kylette nodded, this is what she expected somewhat, he did match the description.

    "Well I guess you aren't the only ghost here" Kylette laughed slightly "If you don't mind me asking, why do you do this?"

I JUST WANT THIS CHAPTER DONE! I know it's not the best but more conversation will come next chapter! Thanks for reading ☺️ K.J.S