Chapter : 19

Shanvi's pov:

When I was sitting behind Abhishek on the bike, I still felt him grabbing me, coming close to me, looking into my eyes, and kissing my eyes while it was raining heavily. I had never experienced these feelings before today.

If I go out in the rain and get sick, his fear was clearly visible in his eyes.

I thought: I feel this strange sensation when I'm close to Abhishek, and Shivam has never spoken to me properly before today, nor has he ever shown me any love.

So, I must have felt this way for a short while; otherwise, what else? Abhishek doesn't really know me either; he's only been here for 4 days. Even I don't know him.

I said in mind: tch tch tch kya soch rahi hu me bhi aur ab se muje abhishek se dur hi rahena hoga varna pata nahi jab bhi karib aate hai tab meri dhadkan kyu badh jati hai.

[I said in my mind: tch tch tch What am I thinking? From now on, I'll have to stay away from Abhishek; otherwise, I don't know why my heart rate increases whenever he comes close.]

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize when we reached.

Abhishek: shnavi....shnavi...shnavi...we reached.

I came out of my thoughts and said: Hnnn? What happened?

Abhishek: Shanvi where were you lost? I've been calling you for a while, but you weren't responding, so I had to say loudly that we have arrived.

I said: ohhhh, I.. I...I'm sorry. I don't know, I was lost in thought, and I couldn't hear your voice.

Abhishek: it's okay. Let's go to our family.

I nodded and then we went to everyone.

"When we both reached everyone's place, mom said to us, 'Oh God, you two are very drenched.'"

Then I said, 'Don't worry mumma, it's not such a big problem.'

When Nita aunty was about to say something, both Abhishek and I sneezed simultaneously.

"Then my dad said, 'Both of you should change your clothes, or else you'll catch a cold and get sick.'"

I said: please papa I don't want to change because I loveeee this saree.

Chachi said: But you both will fall ill.

"When I was about to say something, both Abhishek and I sneezed again."

Dadaji said: "dekh lo ab tum dono, kah rahe hai na sab ki tum bimar padoge. Par manenge hi nahi ye bachhe."

[Dadaji said: "Look at you two now, saying that everyone will fall ill. But these kids just won't listen."]

Then, two or three times, both of us sneezed simultaneously, and Arjun bhai said, 'Why are you both sneezing at the same time, it's strange.'

Then, Abhishek said it so softly that no one could hear, "this is soul connections, bro."

"But I was standing next to him, so I heard it, and upon hearing it, I was shocked, and in my mind, I wondered, 'What?? soul connections?'"

Then I looked at him and reacted as if I hadn't heard anything.

Then, after talking with everyone for a while, we cousins and Abhishek went somewhere else and all sat together.

"Then Jhanvi came to me and whispered slowly in my ear, 'Which blush have you used?'"

I didn't understand what she meant, so I looked at her and said, "what do you mean? I don't understand."

Then, she smiled teasingly and said, "I asked you that because your face is so red that I thought today's rain must be extra romantic for you."