all-american bitch

✧✦ —————————— ✦✧

✧✦ —————————— ✦✧

"The Holocaust. It happened" Mr G started the class by saying this as The Treaty of Versailles was written on the board behind him. One kid raised his hand, presumably to correct him, but he was just met with Mr. G restating the same thing he had said before. He then told the class that they were going to reenact the events of what he had been 'teaching' about before he sat down and pulled out a magazine.

Sofia found herself sitting with Brittany and Isabel just looking around waiting for more instructions that never came. "What is Sylvie talking to Pj and Josie about?" Isabel asked her sister looking between the two.

"I think the club that they started? Hazel told me about it a few days ago" Sofia told the girl recalling the conversation from a couple of days ago.

"Oh ok, be right back" she smiled before walking over to the group and not far behind was Sofia following the girl. "What was empowering?" she questioned looking between the two girls in front of her.

"Oh my god! Hi! Um, just, we have a fight club. It's a fight club—it's our fight club. Um for female solidarity at this school which we lack" Josie told the girl awkwardly holding herself up on the table behind her. Isabel didn't say anything but just nodded and smiled before the bell rang and she walked off with Jeff.

Sofia watched as Hazel tan out of the classroom practically, so she quickly walked after the girl in hopes of having a conversation. "Hazel?" she called from behind as the brunette was far ahead of her. The girl turned around holding the back of her neck with her hand as looked at Sofia.

"Yeah?" she asked standing to the side of the hallway out of people's way.

"That feminism club—are you still doing it?" she asked her as she messed around with the ring on her right hand.

"Oh that, yea we are" she nodded her head with a small smile creeping on her lips.

"Cool. I might stop by today...so yeah just wanted to tell you" she responded awkwardly realizing she didn't need to actually tell the girl of her whereabouts. "Ok, well that's just what I wanted to tell you" she told her before walking off.

Sofia was usually pretty confident, but when it came to Hazel it all went away. She never knew what to say or if she was saying the right thing. And she felt every word that came out of her mouth sounded wrong and awkward.

She continued walking through the halls with that interaction flooding her mind the entire time until she ran into Cynthia. "Cynth, hey, I need to talk to you" she told the girl pulling on her sleeve causing the other girl to stop her conversation.

"Um yeah ok. Bye guys" she told the group of girls she was talking to before they both walked off to the end of the hallway were no one was. "Sooo...what's up?" she asked leaning back on a locker.

"Im breaking up with Tim. Don't try to tell me not to...I just don't like him anymore. And like I haven't for a while" Sofia told the girl.

"So who's the new guy?" she asked turning her head to the side slightly.

"What? No! There's no new guy!" she exclaimed dropping her head into her hands.

"Ok so, a girl, got it!" Thia nodded her head with a smile on her face. "What's her name? Is that girl you can't stop staring at?" she said which made Sofias mouth drop as she had thought it wasn't noticeable. "Yes I know. You aren't very secretive..." she responded crossing her arms.

"Ok well she invited me to this club and I need you to go with me" Sofia smiled kindly at the girl as if she was begging her to go with.

"Nu-uh, I don't do clubs"

"Please! I'll get Isabel and Brittany to come too" she begged her until Cynthia finally gave in.

"Fine, but they're probably gonna say no too"

"They won't! It'll be fine" Sofia smiled before the two walked off to their next class.

✧✦ —————————— ✦✧

"Not happening. Being around them is social suicide" Brittany bluntly told Sofia as they all sat at lunch together.

"Exactly. I mean they're all so" Isabel started making hand motions to represent how she felt about them.

"It's a feminism club! You guys love feminism!" Sofia pleaded to the girls.

"She's right you do" Brittany said to Isabel looking right at her.

"One meeting and if it sucks we're out"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Sofia smiled at the two before starting to eat her lunch. The rest of the time was filled with random chatter about whatever came to the girls minds before the bell rang and they were all off to their next class.

Sofia headed her way to AP Literature which was on the top floor of the building, so she walked pretty fast so that she could make it there before the bell rang. Luckily she made it right before the late bell rang so she quickly took a seat not bothering to look at who was around her.

"Ok class!" Mrs. Sulzbberg called out to the class trying to gain everyone's attention. Sofia watched as the woman messed with her cardigan and took a deep breath before repeating herself at ten times the volume of before, "Ok class!" this caused everyone to shut up and stare at her. "Thank you. Today we will be starting our group projects on the book you were supposed to read this summer. Now I'm going to be nice and allow you all to pick your own partner, but if I deem it unfit I will make you switch," the woman spoke with a tight smile on her lips.

The room was then filled with the sounds of chatter and chairs moving as Sofia glanced around the room looking for someone to work with until a familiar person stepped in front of her, "Hey, would you maybe wanna work on this together?" she asked causing Sofia to look up at the girl standing over her.

"Oh! Yeah that'd be great" she smiled as Hazel brought a chair in front of the girls desk before sitting down in front of her and placing her book down. Sofia could feel the other girls leg brushing slightly against her own which sent shockwaves throughout her. "Ok!" she spoke out trying to ignore the feeling of her racing heart, "where should we start?"

authors corner.
sorry this took forever i was in italy for a week and got back monday then went to the doctors and found out i have the flu...
but anyways i hope you enjoyed this!!