Star Boy

I took a long time to episkey all of Sirius' cuts, which to my horror, he said that he had gotten from traveling all the way from Azkaban to Privet Drive and then here on foot in his Animagus form. Finishing up, I draw him a bath and leave him alone to finish cleaning up, while I make him something to eat.

I'm just setting a bowl of chicken broth and some bread on the table when he calls out from my room, "Hey you still have my shirt!"

Shit. The thing is, I had kept some of his clothes because they looked cool and were comfortable (They smelled like him) and I still wore his t-shirts, but never once had I thought that he would catch me in the act.

"Are you snooping in m-", I walk in my room and my jaw drops at the sight before me. He is standing in front of my open closet with his old AC/DC t-shirt in hand, half naked, wearing sweatpants, some guy had left at my house, and it is clear that he doesn't have underwear on.
I gulp and look away quickly. His skin looks scrubbed and clean, his tattoos shining as droplets of water slide down his back (he evidently didn't use the towel I gave him, very well). His hair has gone a drastic change from half an hour ago, it looks trimmed and soft, quite like the 'fabulous-Sirius-Black-hair' every girl at Hogwarts used to sigh over. His stubble and moustache are gone too, and I can't believe that despite his sunken eyes and gaunt face, even Azkaban couldn't make Sirius Black not-pretty.

He catches me staring and smirks, "I used a little hair potion, you had in your cabinet, don't mind. It works amazingly quick!" and winks. I gather myself and my jaw from the floor, "Y-Yeah, No. Whatever, just put some clothes on, the food's getting cold.", I muster out and run out of the room.

We sit in silence as he scarfs down the food. I wonder how long it has been since he last ate, he looks ravenous. I don't say anything, I just offer him the entire pot and leave him to it, while I prepare a room for him to stay in.

I'm fluffing up pillows when I hear him coming in.
He sits at the edge of the bed, "Amber?"
"Hmm?"
"Thank You."
I look at him and smile, "Thank you, for coming back, Pads."
I want to cry but I can't do it in front of him.

"Wait here, I'll go get some blankets.", I rush out.

Now that I'm alone, the events of the day begin to sink in, and I sit against the wall burying my face in the pile of blankets, and cry.
I can actually feel my heart hurt when I think about how much Sirius had to go through in his life. He was sixteen when he had run away from home because his family had abused him for not supporting their stupid horrid beliefs. He had made himself a new family with us, his best friends and he had loved us to pieces. I've seen him deal with it all and still be there for all of us whenever we needed him. And then, one of those very friends had betrayed him and snatched his whole life away from him. He was thrown into the world's most dreaded prisons for a crime he never did without even being given the time to mourn his dearest friend's death. And yet, after taking it all, he can still smile up at me and thank me when I have done nothing for him. I had always seen him and Remus as the strongest people I knew for enduring all the shit their lives gave them and still believing in the good in the world. I should be the one thanking him for coming back to me and still trusting me when he could have hated me for not saving him...

It takes me a while to gather myself and the blankets and carry both to Sirius' room. Thus, by the time I'm back with the blankets, he has fallen asleep, sitting exactly where I left him with his head rested against the headboard. I sigh.
Poor thing, he must be so exhausted.

He looks so peaceful, I would rather rip out my arm than wake him and tell him to lie down. So as carefully as I can, I gently lay him down and arrange him to lie comfortably on the bed, praying to everyone and anyone that he doesn't wake up and catches me holding his leg or cradling his head.
I straighten up and heave a sigh of relief as I admire my job of tucking him in and turn to go.

"Eve?"

Fuck my Life.

"I'msorryyouweresleepingsopeacefullyIdidn'twanttowakeyouup.",was my well formed speech of defence.
He acts like I didn't say anything, "Where are you going?"

"To bed?", I turn to him and regret it instantly because he has his puppy eyes thing going on. Something I have never been able to say no to.

"There's a bed here", he says.

"I'm gonna sleep in my room, Sirius."

"No.", is all he says as his hand curls around my wrist and he closes his eyes and promptly falls asleep.
What the fuck.
I sigh.
You're going to be the death of me.