they're creepy and they're ookie

I entered the bus with my head hung low, and I was on my way to my part-time job at the weathervane. I decided I wasn't going to ask Tyler to pick me up this time, so I had to use the public bus. I hate unnecessary socialization, which is why my head was hung low. I sat at the most isolated corner and put my book bag up on my lap, then took my laptop out and started typing away.Suddenly the bus made a quick stop near nevermore, the school for outcasts. I always knew I was supposed to go there with the other outcasts, but I decided that I wanted to live a normal life and hide away all my abnormalities.

While I was typing, I felt a cold presence next to me. I looked to the empty seat beside me to find a pale girl with black hair that was tied up into pigtails. I looked at the girl with a confused look on my face but noticed that she was reading what I was writing. "Impressive, I never expected such an average looking mortal to be fascinating with words," she spoke out in a monotone voice, "uhm.. thank you?" I thanked her. "Addams, Wednesday Addams," she introduced herself. I softly smile before introducing myself as well "Phoebe" I reached my hand out to shake hers, but she just looked at me. "What's your last name?" She tilted her head slightly to show her confusion. "I don't know..." I lie through my teeth. my hand was still stuck out waiting for her to shake it, but she just looked at it. "I do not enjoy physical touch," she explained. "Oh, sorry." I quickly apologize and keep my hands to myself.

She looked me up and down and noticed my uniform. "You work with Tyler?" She asked, "Oh yeah, I work with him. How did you guys meet?" I tried to start small talk. "I simply needed a quad, and he did not understand how to work the machine, so I decided to fix it for him." she turned forward as if she was embarrassed to say that she helped him. "I'm actually on my way to work right now, I could fix you up a quad on the house." I smiled softly. For some odd reason, I was actually enjoying conversation with her. she turned to me, a little surprised. " I'm a little surprised you work the night shift, but I suppose that just makes it better," her lips tugged up into a slight smile.

The bus finally made a complete stop in front of the weathervane, and I made my way inside with Wednesday following close behind. I quickly got everything ready and started making the quad. "If you don't mind me asking, where are you headed?" I asked as I poured the coffee into a white mug. "I was on my way to the graveyard to do some grave digging" she replied as she took a sip from her quad, I grabbed a clean cloth and started cleaning the tables "Don't you nevermore's have a curfew ?" I questioned. "I suppose we do, but that won't stop me." her slight smile returned, and I could feel my cheeks heating up as I caught myself staring at her. "What got you to work here?" She asked. I sighed before answering, "I need the money. My parents aren't around, and I have to save up for rent. "... silence took over our conversation as I continued to wipe the counters, and Wednesday just stared at her mug. "I can sense that you aren't a Normie ... But I've never seen you around nevermore, " she finally broke the silence."I don't go to nevermore, " I replied quickly. "Then what are you? It's obvious you're an outcast, but what type?" She spoke out. "I don't know what I am. I have some powers, but I don't believe in taking advantage of my powers, I just want to live a simple life and rely on my own strengths, " I finally admitted.

Wednesday didn't react to anything I said and instead touched the cloth that I was using to wipe the tables, suddenly her head sprung up and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. I caught her just in time, and I tried to wake her up. "Wednesday? Are you okay!?" I freaked out, I found another towel and laid it under her head. She woke up and looked at me. "You're a scholar. Your name was Penelope Gonzalez before you ran away from home and changed it," she said. I just looked at her with a shocked look on my face. "How..how did you -" "I have visions.." She cut me off. We just sat there in silence again, "why did you run away?" She asked softly, "I wanted to start fresh. Everyone already knew about my abnormalities, and I felt cornered. Expectations on expectations, they expected me to do everything for them. " I sighed and regained memories from my past. Wednesday just nodded "why don't you just come with me to nevermore, It'll solve your rent problem so you could have this as a part time job, it would also stop you from feeling distant from everyone around you" she tried to persuade me. "I'll have to think about it," I admitted, being a little skeptical if this was going to be good for me. "I'll see you then." She spoke as she got up and made her way out of the weathervane, disappearing into the darkness of the night. I just stood there dumbfounded and continued on with my shift.