Shut Out

Eiko's heart skipped a beat as a gentle knock echoed through her chamber, interrupting the stillness of the night. She sighed, her weariness evident in her voice as she called out, "Go away."

But the plea in Kazuko's voice, filled with desperation and longing, seeped through the door, tugging at Eiko's heartstrings. "Eiko, please don't shut me out," Kazuko pleaded, her words hanging in the air like a fragile thread.

Eiko remained silent, her resolve unyielding. Yet, the sound of Gen's voice, laced with concern and urgency, pierced through the silence. "Eiko... we need to talk," she implored, her words carrying the weight of unspoken truths. Frustration welled up within Eiko, her patience wearing thin. "Leave me ALONE," she snapped, her voice tinged with a mix of anger and sorrow.

Just as she thought she could retreat into the solace of her solitude, Hika's voice, filled with playful mischief, floated from outside Eiko's sanctuary. "Hey Eiko?" Hika called out, a hint of amusement in her tone. "You know that we ARE technically speaking to each other right now!"

Eiko groaned, her exasperation escaping in a long, drawn-out sigh. "UUUGGHHHH!!!!" she exclaimed, her voice a testament to the tumultuous emotions swirling within her.

><><><><

Meanwhile, in a shadowy lair, Nezuko, a demon of corruption, peered into her crystal orb. She saw what was unfolding.

"Ah, it seems I have found my prey... the youngest princess of planet Zo... locked in battle with her kin... this is the opportune moment to strike... and then, the Corruption Demons shall reign supreme!" Nezuko cackled with glee.

"All shall bow before me! All shall worship me! HAIL NEZUKO, QUEEN OF THE FUHAI NO AKUMA!" Her laughter echoed through the cavern.

But then, a thought crept into Nezuko's twisted mind.

"Wait... if I strike now, they will be on guard... I must wait for the dust to settle... yes, that is the perfect plan..." Her maniacal laughter filled the air once more.