I AIN'T 'GON REPEAT MYSELF, BUT STAY THE F** AWAY FROM ME.

I soon reached the outer gates of Glandus High. Interestingly, I've never gotten the chance to visit or even see the school. The only academy in the Boiling Isles that has been relevant for me was Hexside, and that was obviously because my best friend attended it.

I was hiding behind a tree as I observed the students walking about. A demon with green skin wearing a potions track uniform? It can't be too difficult, right?

I watched the students, but none of them matched the description. That's weird. I could have sworn that the description literally sounded like a Glandus uniform.

Something wasn't sounding right to me. I needed to investigate. But I don't even have a uniform, and not like I can just waltz into the school. I may be dumb, but at least I'm not that dumb.

I hummed and continued poking my head slightly out from the tree. I crossed my arms and looked straight ahead before sneezing again. Mental note: I need to wash my mask when I get home.

I sniffed and tried to breathe normally, but it was tricky too. Curse my weak immune system. Suddenly, I heard bushes rustling by me. I turned back and nobody was in sight. Huh, weird.

I shrugged and went back to watching out. It was probably just the wind anyways.

"Ahem,"

With the noise of what sounded like a click of a button, I heard a whirring behind me. Oh, shoot. Does this school have security, or something? What do I even say?

I raised my arms up, trying to seem as if I wasn't a threat and slowly turned around.

"Hey," The Golden Guard drew out in a sing-songy manner.

I groaned, of course it had to be that stupid Golden Guard. What is he even doing at Glandus?! Plotting evil? Is he going to force students to join covens, or something?

"Well hey to you too, Goldie," I tried to play it cool and careless, leaning against the trunk of the tree. I crossed my hands under my chin. "I was already starting to miss you a little!"

"Save it," He scoffed, pointing his staff directly towards my head. "What are you doing here?"

I took at one look at the staff, which was almost literally touching my mask, and extended my index finger as I pressed it on the tip of the staff, pushing it to point down and away. 

"Oh, you know me, just getting my steps in, taking a little stroll. Do I really seem that suspicious to you?" I booped his mask, and he just swatted my hand away quite defensively. 

"Definitely. And I don't believe you. You're here to promote your little wild witch agenda, aren't you?" He accused.

I put a hand over my chest and gasped. "Little 'ol me? Wow, Goldie, you seriously think the worst of me."

The Golden Guard scoffed and held his staff horizontally. He immediately charged at me, catching me off guard, and pinned me to the tree with the staff while I tried to grip at it and push it away.

"I might have let you go last time, but that was just because the human did me favor," He whispered. "This time, I don't need anything from you, and I'll have you hauled away directly to the Conformatorium for your actions against the Emperor's Coven."

I leaned my head closer to his, causing him to back his head away. "Awe, come on, I thought we were bonding for a second!" I smugly whispered in return.

In the middle of our banter, some random student with dark purple hair and a construction track uniform walked nearby and spotted us. They were just staring with the most confused look on their face.