Five

Luke stirred softly in his bed as electricity seemed to pulse through his veins. His eyes were closed, and his mind was in a fog as he began slowly waking up from his nightmare. Calum's face was all that he could see as he began muttering to himself softly.

"No," he murmered softly from his dazed state. "What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here..." A sudden voice responded to him, causing him to jolt awake.

"I wanted to come and check up on you." Luke sat up quickly, grimacing softly at the pain through his body. "Hey, it's okay. Relax. Let Mommy take care of you..." Luke's eyes adjusted, and he saw Charlotte sitting on the bed beside him. One hand rested over his crotch while the other was tracing gently up and down his arm. "My poor baby. You're all beat up," she muttered, pouting her lip out as she moved to straddle the younger boy. "Let me heal your boo boos..." Luke grimaced again as her weight shifted on top of him. She crawled up until she perched on his stomach, cutting his air off completely. Shattering pain spread through his abdomen as tears filled his eyes.

"N-no, p-please," he muttered, barely able to get words out through the pain. Charlotte began kissing his face softly, peppering her lips over all of his scrapes and bruises. Luke couldn't focus on anything other than the pain from his broken ribs as her weight seemed to crush him. "Y-you're hurting me," he whispered breathlessly. Charlotte clambered off of him quickly, causing him to take in a sudden labored breath. Luke coughed lightly and gripped his ribs in pain. Tears streamed down his cheeks freely now as he turned and pulled himself into a ball shape. Charlotte scoffed slightly and sat on the ground beside his bed, brushing a stray blond curl away from his face.

"Well, you're no fun like this," she groaned, standing up and grabbing her purse from his dresser where she had set it. "Pull yourself together," she said, digging through the bag. "God. You'd better heal up quickly or else I'm going to have to give the new boy a spin..." she pulled out a small white pill from her purse and turned to the boy. She kneeled down beside him and put the pill to his lips, urging him to open his mouth. He reluctantly parted his lips and allowed her to place the pill on his tongue. She gave him a gentle kiss on the lips before standing up and sighing. "You're no use to me like this," she said flatly. "Hopefully, some roxy takes off the edge." Before he could respond, she grabbed her purse and marched out of the room. Luke sighed softly and sat up. He grabbed an old waterbottle that lay discarded on his floor and took a quick sip to help swallow the pill in his mouth. He sighed softly before grimacing as he stood and walked over to his closet.

Another sigh escaped his lips as his mind began to buzz. His thoughts were lost in a distant fog, and he couldn't remember much that had happened the day before. All he could remember was the pain and Ian's strange temperment. Luke reached into his closet and pulled out some clothes for the day, quickly donning his grey crewneck sweatshirt, ripped black skinny jeans, and beat-up vans. He grabbed a hat and turned to the mirror on his wall, beginning to flatten his curls before shoving his hat on backwards. His mind was buzzing now, and he could feel the relief kicking in as his pain seemed to melt away. He sighed once again as he stared at his reflection. There was a long cut above his left eyebrow covered in sloppy stitches. His cheeks and eyes were bruised, and he looked as though he was wearing a bunch of Halloween makeup, decorating his face in ornamental horror; but his horror wasn't ornamental at all... it was reality. Luke turned from his reflection and walked out of his room, feeling as though his feet weighed a million pounds each with every step. He made his way down to the common room, finding most of his housemates sitting around the dining table. Kasey turned and saw her friend before letting out a soft gasp.

"Luke!" She called, standing up and making her way over to him quickly. Her arms flew around his shoulders suddenly, making the tall boy hunch down to meet her for a hug. This would have been extremely painful just half an hour ago, but after the pill, he had been slipped, he mostly felt numb now. "I'm so glad you're okay," she whispered, pulling away to look at him. "We were so worried about you." Luke nodded silently before sitting beside Joshua at the table. Josh started at the boy intently, attempting to analyze how he was feeling.