Book One-Chapter seven: Bonding closer together

It had been two months now, Kino had given her a phone so they could constantly be in contact when he was out. They also would play games together as well, trying to out do one another and compete in tournaments together to see who was better. She enjoyed the time that she had with Kino.

It felt highly strange to her, especially since she hadn't ever felt so safe with someone else before. Kino made her feel so much stranger than she'd ever felt before, she didn't know whether it was a good thing or not but she was happy to be around Kino. Kino gave her a sense of hope that she never had before.

Kino would always sleep beside her and when they played games together he would have his legs on either side of her and have his arms around her. It was something that she found very strange at first since she hadn't ever felt so close to someone before, but she was happy that Kino was taking time out of his life for her.

One night though, she couldn't sleep, even though Kino had fallen asleep. She just couldn't, too much weighed on her mind. He wouldn't let her sleep without him beside her and with his arms around her waist so he knew she was safe. He told her it was to keep her safe, but wondered if he ever truly gave her the truth about how he felt about her.

Even though she adored being against his chest and feeling so safe with him, something that she hadn't truly felt anywhere else she didn't know if what she felt was love or not. She was still highly confused and didn't know how to go about breaking down her problem to solve it.

"Stop overthinking and sleep." Kino murmured to her.

He then buried his face against her neck as he moved closer to her. She sighed as she closed her eyes. "Kino...do you love me?"

Hearing those words Kino opened his eyes and he looked to her. "Why are you asking me that? Can't you sleep without coming out of the blue with random questions like that?"

She frowned at him. "I...I was just curious...T-That's all. You sleep by me every night, keep me close to you when you aren't here and you get hissy when I sleep when you don't. It just confuses me a lot."

Kino knew that he had been caught and flicked her forehead making her whine out. "Shut up and just sleep alright? We'll talk in the morrow." He said before he held her in his arms once more, that time more tighter than before.

Taki didn't know what to do or say so she just did as he asked and ended up falling asleep a bit afterwards. When she woke up she saw that Kino wasn't beside her, that was something that was natural for her to wake up to. What she didn't expect is to see a new school uniform at the end of the bed along with a note.

She got the note and read it to herself. "Today you will resume school, don't worry I'll be right beside you. No one will harm you or speak to you without me having first say."

She sighed and placed the note down before she placed the uniform on. Afterwards she brushed her hair and grabbed her phone before she went down the hall and steps to see Kino was waiting for her. "Good it fits you, I'm glad that it does. Come now before we're late."

"Alright Kino." Taki said with a nod

Taki left out with him and she stayed by his side the entire drive to the human world. He kept her mind occupied with a game, which worked. She was too into the game to see that they had come to the school. He made her look up only for her eyes to widen, she knew the school to be the place where she knew his brothers went. She looked to him sadly only to have him smile at her. "Don't worry, it'll be alright, I'm right here and I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

She nodded her head slightly. "Alright then, thank you Kino."

The two of them left the car and he walked her in, he kept his arm around her as they went through the hall only to be halted by the triplets who all looked peeved at Taki.