❀ pomefiore.

ELYSIAN chapter two.    
ashazull

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

the welcome party was going without a hitch.

the students stood in small groups, introducing themselves and getting to know their dormmates for that year. briar could hear the various names and greetings leaving their mouths, as they laughed amongst each other. they glanced at the many people there, their purple eyes flickering over each crowd.

rook was nowhere to be seen, neither was vil. raphael had mentioned some sort of welcome party, and then excused himself to attend to the preparations for said party. with a sigh, briar pressed their back against the wall, their eyes downcast as they stared at the intricate carpet they were standing on currently. they were genuinely bored out of their mind.

"what a beauty! never had i ever imagined to see an alluring soul such as yourself present here with us." someone awed.

startled, briar's head shot up to come face to face with a student who quite literally had stars in his eyes as he stared at them. he moved even closer for some reason, staring at their features in awe. "might i ask for your name, my dear fellow?" he exclaimed, once again right in their face.

briar gaped at him, before getting a hold of themselves. they stepped to the side, trying to put a comfortable distance between the two of them. with a nod, they spoke up. "um. yeah, i don't mind. my name is briar, pleasure to meet you. and you are..?"

the student puffed up, trying to stifle his proud chuckle as he introduced himself with a grin. they had learned that his name was adrien, and he was the son of a winemaker. briar didn't want to bother to remember this kid's name, but maybe it would be useful in the future. and— oh look, another one showed up.

the boy introduced himself as laurent, smiling widely at them. "would i be correct to assume that you're from the kingdom of heroes, my dear friend? your aura is similar to that of fresh spring weather."

aura. did people from different regions have a specific.. aura or something? "yeah, you're right. i am," they replied mildly.

the two keep talking, about things that briar didn't really find an interest in. ranging from curtain brands to perfume and accessories, they seemed to have a knack for complimenting each other at every turn. it was nice to see that even though they were such bizarre people, they weren't really hostile towards anyone. maybe briar could get along with these people better than they thought they could.

"and you, briar? what would be your favorite brand of parfum?" adrien asked them. "with a face as attractive as yours, i would surely expect you to be the child of some noble. perhaps you have a personal servant for all of this."

"no, i don't.. where did you even come to that conclusion from? but i don't usually wear perfume, i have allergies to most of the ingredients used in it," the dark haired beauty responded. the questions these people asked threw them in for a loop.

their two companions make noises of understanding. "ah i see! such a shame, but it is no problem. we all have our weaknesses, i suppose," sighs laurent.

'why did he have to say it like that...'

their conversation continued like that for a while, before the pomefiore welcome party officially starts. dinner plates lay gently on the long table as food lines up perfectly on the ceramic utensils. cutlery is set up in a specific order, and water is poured in the glasses standing tall. the scent of the dishes wafts through the air. it looked like they'd gone all out for this party.