Tres

She didn't know when she moved or if it was him? but like magnets, they leapt at each other, and her arms embraced his neck. His arms wound around her waist, securing her in his embrace. They stood with their faces buried in each other's necks, hidden from the world. They alone existed in this universe. She felt something wet on her neck. In a second, her brain supplied "tears." He was crying, and she didn't know why, but her fingers soothed into his hair, and her other arm embraced his neck tighter. His grip around her waist tightened too, as if she would disappear if he didn't hold onto her with all his strength. And then she felt it—another person wrapping them up together in their arms. She realized it was one of the eight warriors; it was the whiny guy, somehow she knew. He smelled like freshly cut grass and soon she felt his lips press to her temple.

Slowly, more people joined the hug, and the whole group stood there. Multiple kisses were placed on her head or hands, whichever part they could access. Her feet dangled as the tall stranger held her close against his body. The other eight protected them from prying eyes as if the two of them holding each other was a secret. She could feel the love and support they were giving their leader and, for some reason, her. After what felt like forever, the others stepped away from her. She whispered in his ear, "I am not going anywhere; you can put me down." It took some time, but he finally placed her back on the ground. He stepped back from her, and she stared at him, as he moved away. Her soul wanted him close; the more he stepped away, the more something hurt inside her. But before she could step forward, he kneeled on the ground and raised his right hand fisted forward; a bow materialized in his hands and a quiver at his back filled with arrows.

As the other eight individuals followed suit, stepping in line behind him and gracefully dropping to one knee, they mirrored his actions by raising their hands. In a mesmerizing display of power, diverse weapons materialized within their grasp. The whiny guy possessed a double-edged sword, a weapon she longed to touch—it was one of her favourote choice in her online gaming characters. One of the girls held a shuriken, resembling ninja stars, while another wielded two throwing needle knives. The tall man among them gracefully handled two short swords, which formed a stunning double-edged weapon. kneeling beside him, a woman held a long sword, presumably his partner. The four of them were in a line behind the first two. "Couples," her mind whispered once more as if it knew the intricate dynamics between them, she had noticed the dynamics between them during the fight. Her attention then shifted to the other pair, behind the couples, a man and a woman, who bore striking similarities and an unmistakable connection—were they siblings or perhaps twins? "Twins," her mind confirmed again. Each held a distinct weapon: one grasped a spear, while the other wielded a mace with a sense of purpose.

Finally, her gaze settled on the enigmatic figure shrouded in black, concealed from head to toe like a ninja. The only visible feature was a pair of piercing green eyes. Positioned between the twins, the figure's gender remained a mystery—was it a man or a tall woman? Their unwavering gaze met hers, creating an unspoken connection that compelled her to wipe away the tears welling up in those captivating eyes. She reluctantly averted her gaze, feeling an inexplicable bond with this mysterious individual. A sense of déjà vu washed over her, a feeling that she had encountered this very moment in the past. Her gaze returned to the biker after briefly studying the others. The man wielding the short swords initiated the ritual, declaring, "I offer you, my sword." His partner echoed the sentiment, followed by others and it culminated with their leader proclaiming, "I offer you, my bow." In a unified act, all nine of them lowered their heads, a solemn gesture of devotion and unity. And in unison, they spoke the words that bound them together, saying, "And we solemnly pledge you our body, life and loyalty. All hail the crown princess of Astoria". She couldn't breathe; her heart thundered in her chest, racing as though it were in a furious sprint. And then, as if knocked out by some unfathomable force, the enveloping darkness tenderly enfolded her. She plummeted into an abyss, a fee fall into the void, yet the ground never materialized beneath her. The last words that she heard before she completely lost consciousness were "Ara!" screamed by multiple voices.