Rockstar Romeo

I

The bright sun was beaming down into the local record store window in Nashville, Tennessee. You finally had a day off from the hair salon, and you were going to spend it doing the thing you loved. Music. More specifically, shopping for vintage records. Your fingers hovered over the rock section until you came across Elvis Presley.  You flipped through the old records, noticing a man across from you began to scan his hand over the Elvis section as well. At the bottom of the collection, there was The Essential Elvis Presley in mint condition. Your hand flew to pick up the record, only to be met with the other man's hand on top of yours. Your fingers softly interlocked with his. He mirrored your image as you pushed your hair behind your ear, trying to get a better look at the man. He had long dark brown hair accompanied by matching dark brown eyes. His hands were the farthest thing from soft. They were cold and covered in calluses, you weren't going to lie. Staring into his eyes, a special kind of tension grew. It was if your souls had entered an intense staring contest. He opened his mouth, beginning to speak, but you needed the first word.

"Elvis?" As you continued to interlock fingers, the tension built. You begin to wonder if the contact continues because of your need for the record, or for a need of something else?

"He's one of my bands top influences." He declared, a wide smirk appearing on his face.

"You're in a band?" Your grip on the record grew tighter. It was now a game to see who would let go first. "What band?"

"Greta Van Fleet. we've been around for a few years now, but we're still trying to gain traction." He gave you a soft smile. "I play guitar. Been playing since I was three."

"Well are you any good?" You sarcastically questioned.

He chuckles to himself, running his large hand through his hair. "Why don't you come find out?"He let go of the record, letting you have it. "We're doing a charity concert tomorrow night. The Blue Room. I can save you a spot on our guest list. Come see us, we'll show you what music is."

You picked up the record, nodding. "I'll come by if I happen to be available."  Your plans were to sit on your couch and binge watch the newest Netflix show. But those plans could easily take a rain check for a concert, especially if he would be playing the guitar. You could see him itching to keep the conversation going.

"My treat." He grabbed the record from your clutch and took it up to the register before you could protest. "Now everytime you play it, you'll think of me." He swiped his card, waiting for the transaction to go through.

"Ah yes, the mysterious musician I met at my local record store who will forever change my life." You joked as he handed the record back to you. "But, thank you."

"Who knows? Maybe there's something more here."  He started towards the door, never taking his eyes off you.

You shrugged, having nothing left to say.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow darling."

"Yeah, yeah it's actually Y/N." You chuckled to yourself at the pure desperation of the situation. As you turned to leave, a panic set in. "Wait, I never got your name."

He paused for a moment, eyeing you up and down.

"Jake." He said with a sly nod. He slipped on a pair of sunglasses and left the record store.