The childhood of gaster (Prologue)

back in the day divine gaster was the creation of a previous royal scientist who's name would eventually be lost to time. Back then Divine Gaster was just called gaster. Additionally divine gaster also wasn't always the smartest or one of the most powerful beings known in the multiverse. Though even when He was young he was intellectually gifted. And he always learned faster then his peers. he also always had a talent for magic. And as he grew up he gained a higher capacity for magic. In fact By the age of 5 he was capable of elemental magic. And it was at the point where he could manipulate the magic into different shapes. This included shapes like a hypercube and a hypersphere.

back then Nobody in the underground knew that was even possible. However gaster only had the elemental magic from his creator giving him the magic in the same way that a monster passively gives there children magic. But he had a greater talent for magic than his creator. He was an obvious choice as a successor to the current royal scientist. The only problem was that gaster was too young for the job and currently didn't know enough for the job. But the issue with knowledge would easily fix itself given time. In the meantime. Gaster had become childhood friends with A kind goat monster named asgore dreamer.

A prince from a royal family of monsters that was established eons ago. They were known for there magic and physical strength. Though they also were renowned for there good leadership. They always do there best to do what's best for there subjects. However there was more people in gaster's friend group. There was a fire elemental named grillby. He might be silent most of the time but he was a good listener. He quickly became gaster's best friend. They might have different interests but they helped each other when needed nonetheless. Then there was toriel and lilith.

Twin Princesses from a more recently established royal family of goat monsters. The name of this royal family was dealmaker. They were rumored to have connections with the underworld and be partially related to demons. However. They were known for there magic and physical strength. But unlike the dreamer family. The dealmaker family (despite the rumors) were renown as some of the best teachers and renown for their honesty. Gaster didn't care if the rumors about them were true. At the end of the day they weren't actively messing with the kingdom of monsters.

This meant they had a place within the kingdom where they belong. This friend group always got along. It was as if it was destined to last at least one lifetime. At school they were all doing well. Grillby was learning about cooking and slowly making progress on how to run a business but also learned fire magic just in case he ever needed to defend himself or others. Gaster was taking advantage of his talent for magic and made it something he specializes in. Though gaster also had an interest in both physics and science. Asgore mostly learned magic and the path of a warrior. Toriel and lilith learned magic and how to teach people. Though lilith also learned stealth. 

They all had plans for the future. Though some plans would be used sooner than others. However This entire friend group aside from toriel and asgore knew that toriel and asgore were in love with each other. This could have changed the plans of anybody in the friend group other than toriel and asgore had they been in love with anybody else. It would have resulted in a very different timeline in the universe. That timeline would have been practically an entirely different universe. Though nobody currently had any idea of this aside from gaster and his creator. Not very many people were that interested in cosmology or how the universe worked. To gaster it felt partly like the world was blind.

Not so many people knew important information that could change there life. He'd just need to find a way to teach people and find ways to make it interesting for more people. If the world was mentality blind then gaster was going to remove this blindness the best he could. He just needed time to figure out what's needed and help to teach people.