009 / Bradley's Big Buy.

Chapter IX

Chapter IX . . . Bradley's Big Buy.
(Cw for slight homophobia)

It was just as Ziggy's hand made harsh contact with the handle of Hopper's door that she felt the very earth shake beneath her feet, tossing her to the side roughly—and again, as though something very large and heavy was forthcoming

     Ziggy did not want to turn around; she knew that there was no way in hell that could possibly be Nancy's footsteps that were causing the seismic trembles. If she turned around, she knew there was a damn good chance that she would be facing yet another monster; and, by the sounds of it, one much more sinister and Herculean than the flesh-eating glob she'd faced in Hawkins Hospital.

     "Get the others," came Nancy's voice immediately after, nothing in her tone giving away that she even remembered what had just gone down between the two young women; Ziggy, however, could not pretend that she had forgotten all about it—her lips still ached with the passion Nancy had implored on her, and her cheeks still tingled where Nancy's hands had held her—but no, she would not think about what happened, because it had only been an awkward accident and was now down memory lane that Ziggy would never pass through.

     "Wheeler!" exclaimed Ziggy, as she had turned around to find Nancy barreling down the wooden steps, towards the monster advancing on them; it was, just as Ziggy had expected, large, and fleshy, and roaring with anticipation of the young girl fixed right in its trail. "Nancy, what the hell are you doing?"

     Nancy didn't so much as turn back to Ziggy before she was ripping the door to Hopper's shed open. "I said get the others! We're gonna have to fight it off—"

     "Are you fucking crazy!?"

     "Get them, Ziggy!" exploded Nancy—her resentment from before finally bursting through and reminding Ziggy of the bitterness she'd earned, for a reason she still could not comprehend.

     She only had to throw the front door open to get everyone's attention; at the look on her face, El was the first one out into the forest, big, brown eyes taking in the monster still taking thunderous footsteps towards her.