Chapter 3

"It's a good thing Mr.Fox installed a gas mask for whenever a toxin is discovered within the vicinity." Alfred spoke over the coms. Bruce turned to the door and tried opening it but it was locked shut.

     "GORDON! THE DOOR!" He shouted as Gordon quickly pressed the button to unlock the door. However, just as Bruce had opened the door the lights and power returned to the building as everyone but Harvey, Bruce, and Jim were collapsed on the ground.

     "What happened?!" Harvey questioned as Jim shook his head.

     "We fell right into his trap." He said disappointed in himself.

     "Is anything missing?" Bruce asked as everyone looked around. Suddenly the door to the forensic's room burst opened as Edward Nygma stumbled out of the room coughing.

     "ED!" Jim shouted as everyone rushed over to him.

     "What happened?" Bruce asked as Ed raised his hand trying to catch his breath.

     "I'm fine.. I saw the gas and covered my face quickly.." He spoke as Bruce shook his head.

     "Let's check the security footage to see if we can find out if there's anything else missing." Harvey suggested as Jim nodded.

     "Good idea, you and Batman here go in the security room and investigate, Ed and I will check on everyone in the prescient." Jim ordered as the two made their way to the security room.

     "Let's see what this Jack White came here for." Harvey spoke as the two moved the unconscious officer out of the way of the security monitor and began pressing buttons on the keyboard. "That's.. that's strange." Harvey spoke in a confused tone.

     "What is it?" The Bat asked.

     "All security footage's been wiped!" Harvey exclaimed.

     "Do you think it was the guard?" Bruce asked looking over at the unconscious guard as Harvey shook his head.

     "I mean it's a possibility, I doubt if he was working for this Jack guy though he would've left himself exposed to the gas." He spoke. Just then Gordon quickly opened the door as he looked at the two with some pain in his eyes.

     "What's wrong?" The Bat asked.

     "Bullock. He took Bullock." Jim spoke. Just at that moment the monitors in the security room began buzzing and whirring.

     "HAHAHA!! HELLOOO police comish, Batman, Distract Attorney. Welcome to a little game I like to call Win or Win!!" A man in a purple suit and a purple hat that shadowed his face was in full frame of the monitors as everyone exchanged looks. "Now Now don't you worry, this isn't a live broadcast across Gotham, this is only between the 4 of us!! For now that is. By now I'm sure you've discovered that officer Bullock was taken this evening!! If you wish to see him alive again I will give a clue to his location. I'm sure that wouldn't be hard to decide right? BUT! Here's the catch! If you save Bullock, the city will know all about my mmmm festivities sooner rather than later and NOT in the nice ole jolly Christmas spirit way. But let him die, and not only will the city remain clueless but I will point you in the direction of where the next part of my plan takes place! So what will it be? Bullock? or Me? Either way.. you'll win!" The man asked as his grin widened through his shadowed figure. He then stepped aside revealing Bullock tied to a chair as the man placed an clock beside him. "You have 1 hour to find the cop startinnnggg NOW!" He spoke as he signed off with a hysterical laugh.

     "We have to find Bullock!" Jim stated as a loud shattering sound came from outside the room. Everyone rushed out to investigate the noise as they saw glass all over the floor and a rock with a piece of paper wrapped around it was found on the floor surrounded by the glass. Bruce made his way over to the rock as he picked it up and opened the note reading it out loud.