Love Reactions

It was a quiet evening in the now Braun-Hoover household.

After being married for 2 years, Reiner and Bertholdt preferred nights in cozied up on the couch or trivia night with the Springers and Galliards at the local brewery.

"So your saying this movie is a metaphor for getting your period?" Reiner asked.

"Well that and parents learning how to let their kids grow and be their own person...and being able to change into a panda is pretty cool" Berthdolt said, continuing to massage Reiner's scalp.

"So..." Reiner said looking up at Berthdolt. "The house is empty, Gabi won't be home until 11:30.."

"Aren't we an old married couple now so we don't do that kind of stuff anymore..." Bertholdt said slyly.

Right as he was about to kiss Reiner the back door slammed shut.

Reiner fell off the couch and Bertholdt jumped up ready to fight what he thought was an intruder.

The door opened again. "Gabi please just listen!!!"

"Oh f*ck off Falco!"

"Gabi!!"

Reiner and Bertholdt quickly jumped up to see Gabi storming up the stairs and Falco standing at the foot of the stairwell stunned.

The three cringed as Gabi's bedroom door slammed.

Bertholdt and Reiner turned to look at Falco, with a "what did you do look?"

"I'll grab the baseball bat" Reiner said.

"No Mr. Braun or Hoover it's not like that, I promise. If Gabi would just let me expalin..."

"You aren't going anywhere near her" Reiner said sternly.

"Reiner..." Bertholdt gave his husband a look. "How about you go talk to Gabi and I'll chat with Falco here. Figure out what happened"

"But..."

"Reiner"

Reiner let out a sigh, knowing Bertholdt was probably making the best suggestion, he headed upstairs.

"Falco why don't you and I go into the kitchen"

Falco nodded

************************************************
Reiner gently knocked on Gabi's door.

"Gab? Can we talk?"

He didn't get an answer but he could here crying through the door.

"Gabi, I'm coming in" Reiner opened the door.  Gabi was sitting on the floor, holding her knees to close to her.

Reiner's face fell a bit and he sat down beside his 17-old-cousin, putting his arm around her.

"What happened? Do I need to kill Falco?"

Gabi sniffled and shook her head.

"Well you don't have to tell me, I can just sit her with you" Reiner said softly.

Gabi let her head fall against Reiner's arm.
"It all started over a cat."

****************************************************
"A cat?" Bertholdt asked raising an eyebrow. "Or did you call her something that is a nickname for a cat?"

Falco's eyes went wide shaking his head. "No nothing like that!! We decided to go get some ice cream and on the way we saw a stray cat."

****************************************************
"You two fought over a stray cat...like who got to keep it?"