Chapter 7

The battle was already out of control. Getting to know everyone needs to happen after battles from now on. Zap awoke a couple of weeks ago and claimed that their holder was coming and it would be just in time for a battle they saw that was coming. I'm hoping this is that battle. "Alright remember we go by hero names, I'm Radiant Sun;" I point to Theodora, "That is Shimmering Moon." I turn to Ume, "Cosmic Ring."

I turn to Rachael, "What are we going to call you?" I ask as we begin to run downstairs, Racheal thinks for a moment before snapping her fingers, "You guys can call me Brilliant Comet." Nodding the main room was covered in comatose bodies, Racheal in shock starts to move towards them.

"Don't move." Shimmering said as the bodies began to move, "The shadows have taken over their bodies. We have to find the leader to end this, or it will be a continuous battle." I look around and don't see anyone I know meaning my parents are safe.

Cosmic charges at the shadows that weren't in the bodies of the civilians. Shimmering takes on those with human puppets. I watch for a second and turn to Brilliant Comet. She was frozen in fear. "Brilliant!" I yell at her over the roars of the shadows, "They are suffering from something different."

Shimmering looks over, "A broken heart."

Cosmic turns to us, "Fear."

Brilliant wakes up and looks at me with a smile, "Lack of faith and trust." I turn to them and watch the larger shadow rise from the floor.

I turn to them and smile, "Pain, nothing can stop all of those from entering our lives, but it's what we do with it that can make us stronger." I charge into the battle with the rest of my friends. The fight is hard on our own. I can't keep up that is until I hear this, "Brilliant Apparition!" I saw one comet hit a shadow that lunged for me while I was slowing down.

A bright light fizzled the shadow out as Brilliant smiled at me, her saber out as though she took a strike. Turning to the larger shadow, "I am Brilliant Comet, I will not shake before a shadow that feeds off of the negative energy of people."

I stand up, as Cosmic runs over, "Galaxy Strike!" she slices eight shadows in her path. I look around for Shimmering, "Girls can you see Shimmering?" I looked around she wasn't any taller than myself, where was she? "Tears of the Moon!" I feel the tears fall on us, and the eight that Cosmic destroyed killed the other four that were hit yet took minimum damage.

Shimmering walks over to us, "Radiant what do you want to do, there are too many?" I grab the hilt of my rapier. Closing my eyes, I tried to ignore the noise, my friends were fighting with all they had, yet I hadn't taken my first strike yet.

Bee rolls in and jumps on my shoulder, "Radiant, you have four of the eight crystals, you guys can unlock the strongest move." I look at Bee and nod, "Okay, tell me." the girls continue as I gather the important information.

Just in time too, I feel the girls met my back as we each covered the other, "Girls, I need you to drop all your fear, pain, sadness, and distrust. I need you to call off Luminous Radiation altogether."

I heard nothing, but almost on cue, they all cried out with me, "Luminous Radiation!" a pillar of light shines down and warms the room, as the shadows scream with the light touching them.

The light peels every shadow off of the civilians. As it dims, the rooms returns to its battle-like state as I go to help all the people up. Shimmering stopped me first, "Moon Light Dance!" the room fills with glittering dust as it swirls the mansion. The whole house was filled with glitter. Shimmering never missed a beat as she strikes her own houses floor, with her Estoc. The glitter dispersed and her home was back to normal.

I can finally run over to the adults on the floor, "Hey are you alright?" The adults slowly sit up and look around, somewhere sad they missed the new year, others were thankful their negative feelings were a lot less strong. Something they could live with. Next, we found all the other hiding guests and got them out safely. The kids all slept through it, not even knowing what happened.