Sparks of destiny

I sat back from the table, perplexed by this history lesson i was inclined to believe, as she had no reason to lie to me. But I had heard the story differently, that the elves weren't in fact, peaceful onlookers but antagonists seeking to destroy us as a people.
"I know the story you've heard is different, after all you aren't the first human I've met. You were the first who didn't try to kill me with this realization."
I thought back to my time among my people, the empassioned battle stories and tales of glorious retribution against a menace we thought was looming.

"You will never be able to talk to your family about this, I hope you know that. They will never see it the way you do-but that's the only thing I like about you mages. You always have open minds even to inconvenient truths"

She stood from her chair, headed to the cupboard and retrieved two casks of what appeared to be mead. She also grabbed a mug, which she swiftly blew on to blow out the dust in it. She set it on the table In front of sorin, and poured a hefty glass. She herself kept one cask for herself entirely, yanking the spigot from the bore hole and simply drinking it like that.
Without even tasting it, I knew the stuff was stronger than anything I had ever tried at home, and Hagarde, the owner of our tavern back home, brewed the strongest whiskey among all of the tribes.
"OH! you might wanna pinch your nose a bit when you nip that"
She said, wiping an amber drip of mead from her lower lip.
"That ain't weak stuff you know. I get it from an offshoot village of elves that built their culture around bees. They can even make them attack people!"
She hiccups, places her hand on her mouth, then burps.
"Apologies. What was I saying? Oh right! They are very good at making this stuff. Been doing it for thousands of years. It's strong even for me so, you know. Plug your nose and chin up."

Shocked by the flurry of words, I unthinkingly did as she said. Plugged my nose and tipped the mug back. It had a very strong burn as it went down and settled warm and satisfying in my stomach. Not just that but aside from the very strong alcohol taste it was very sweet and delicious. Thusly I began to drink more of it. She of ruin looked at me with concern.
"Woah now, slow down. I told you it's-"
It was at this point that the room began to spin violently, because unbeknownst to me and due to the absolute resilience of she of ruin causing her as well to be unaware, the mead made by these elves is infused with psychoactive mushrooms, home grown and selectively bred for their fast action and strength. Needless to say I was in for the ride of my life.
She of ruin stared on in confusion. She saw my pupils dilate and heard my racing pulse. Meanwhile as I looked upon her I saw a bright, blazing energy. Her body was that of a naked woman complete with all the "particulars", but her legs were like that of a bull with a bull head bearing 4 great horns and sharp carnivore teeth.
"Are you okay?" All 4 of she of ruin said, lurching forward menacingly. I fell back in my chair and scurried to the door, where behind me I heard a horrid bellowing calling "STOP!"
I ran about 30 feet, still hobbled, before she picked me up in her arms and set me down at the table once more.
"I really need to remember that you aren't the same as me...those mushrooms come on quite strong the first time and there's no antidote so...eh...buckle up, mate."
Or at least that's what I think she said, but I'm not sure as my spirit left my body and began to levitate above the table, drifting off through the roof of the cave and into the sky above the glade, until all was a blur of greens and browns speckled with sparkling blue. The clouds wrapped wetly around my form as I went higher and higher, until eventually I breached the clouds and beheld a great bluish purple sky dotted with bright and vibrant stars. Constellations shimmered here and there, and nebulae danced glacially in colors too bright and varied to explain. All I knew was it was truly a sight to behold.
As I gawked, awestruck , the nebulae parted and from it came about 3 or 4 jellyfish-like creatures
Of various colors from blue to pink.
"Who art thee, petty human? Thou hast cometh upon a land not suited for thee. How, pray tell, did yo-" A yellow jellyfish preached, but was Interrupted by a pink one on the side.
"Can you cut the shit Darryl? We know why he's here. He probably doesn't, however, he's higher than pterodactyl titties off that fuckin mead those crazy elves make. You know, the stuff with the cave mushrooms."
A blue jellyfish butted in
"OH yeah those motherfuckers with the bees? Wild shit homie. You won't catch me dead around those. I'm allergic, fool"
The yellow jellyfish Interjected once more:e
"What are you fucking talking about dude?? You don't have a motherfuckin corporeal form. How the fuck you gonna be allergic to anything?"
"Why would it matter anyways, even if I could get stung, it won't be by those bees. Poor bastards got done in by some vampires."
"Oh yeah, that's right. Nasty way to go, that."
Sorin watched as the jellyfish continued talking strangely amongst themselves. He stared bug-eyed with pupils bigger than dinner plates, but began to descend, except unlike the ascent I was now free-falling at a breakneck pace in a straight trajectory towards the roof of The cave. Harsh, ripping winds whipped and tore at Sorin's flesh, flaying him whole. Screaming in fear and agony. Though he prepared for impact, Sorin simply passed through the earth and rock and back into his seizing body. He came too, still screaming from the ascent, but transitioning into a sort of confused scream yelping. Sorin shook feverishly, and curled into a fetal position rocking back and forth. She of ruin looked on at this scene with a cacophony of emotion, ranging from confusion to concern and maybe inching close to fear. Regardless, She quickly tried to scoop Sorin into her arms, but as soon as she layer a finger on him, he began fighting tooth and nail screaming .
"DONT YOU FUCKIN TOUCH ME! GET YER BLOODY MITS OFF ME!!"
Sorins eyes looked Wild, darting this way and that, crawling on all fours like an animal.
"Get the fuck away from me, ye wicked bull beast!"
She of ruin rolled her eyes and and picked sorin up as one picks up an irate child all the while sorin was fighting, hissing and cursing. She simply bundled him tightly in skins, tying the cords tight so he couldn't move move a thread.
"I've put you in there for your own safety. You are gonna wait out that affliction in a cocoon until you can behave yourself."
Sorin simply had a crazed stare, screaming angry gibberish, hissing and spitting .
--------------------------------------------------------
AUTHORS NOTE
The meads effects on demigods is more like a crossfade than the reaction sorin had. In fact, unbeknownst to both of them the mead is not meant for human consumption and its effects are known to vary wildly between those who consume it.
For elves this stuff is like Molly.
----------------------------------------------------------
She of ruin, affected by the mead couldn't help but to playfully roll sorin around in his cocoon, giggling and sitting on the floor cross-legged. Sorin, however, still worse for wear was actively seizing and frothing at the mouth.