𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴    𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴     𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
   𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴    𖥔 ݁ ˖

AALIYAH'S LIFE WAS GOOD, great, even. She does well in school, plays a few sports when she wants to, and overall has a chill life; however, she's friends with Dylan Hoffman. Of course, no many know that of. Her parents, a few friends, but that's it; no strangers or anyone else were even aware of her mere existence.

She liked that.

She likes the 'quiet life'. It felt like her, and she didn't really ever have a hectic and chaotic life, anyway. She was just a teenage girl. Aaliyah loved her heritage and would bring it up whenever she could, just like space, marvel, how being in love is fucking fake, beauty standards, and much more. Her list is never ending, but that's what makes Aaliyah herself.

She's loud when she wants to be, quiet when she wants to be, but overall she's a caring and kind person. That's what her friends knew her as, and it never changed. Even if someone ( specifically a girl ) wronged her, she'd forgive them and continue to support and be nice to them. Her friends never understood it, but Aaliyah did. It made sense to her.

She's a girls' girl through thick and thin, and will continue to be that way. How she could talk about how being in love is just an imagination for hours on end is unbelievable, but it's true. Loving someone and being in love with that person is two different things. She'd never say it out loud, of course; people would just think it made no sense and laugh.

Her family? Her entire world. Her best friends? What the hell would she do without them? Aaliyah was grateful she has this life, and would forever pray and hope they'd stay in her life. The girl wasn't emotional and sensitive like she was as a kid, but she can feel things and not feel things at the same time; again, not something she'd say out loud.

At the end of the day, she was just a fifteen year—old girl who's still learning. Deep down, the guilt would eat her up, and sometimes she'd push it away and it would work. But other times, she had to do something about it, which leads us to this situation.

Even if someone doesn't know Aaliyah, they know she's indecisive. Doesn't matter if it's between a bag and another bag, or a life changing decision, she will not be able to choose. So now, what would the girl do after realizing she had feelings for her childhood best friend? Potentially ruin it? Say 'Yolo' and risk it? Not a clue.

She knew he might've liked someone else, so she knew she shouldn't feel the way she does, but she can't help it. Somehow, she hasn't spilled it to her best friends that she likes him, but thank God she didn't. She would never tell her friends about this, ever. She liked keeping things to herself, even the random things. You may wonder, how does she do it? Isn't a friendship based on trust?

It is, but Aaliyah doesn't always say what she feels. Most of the time it's her being mad at herself, sad at herself but not about, confused at herself, and the list goes on. Usually when she's angry at herself, she'd stay quiet and refuse to talk until she resolved it with herself. Which, she usually isn't forced to talk since she stays in her room most of the day; the usual.

She found the best things to do is keep things to herself; thinking she'd be the problem. It's on her. Her fault. She'd be making a big deal out of nothing. Just a day in the life of Aaliyah's overthinking brain.

Her and Julianna aren't really close, but at the end of the day they are sisters and will always care about each other; something she'd never dare say to her. Unlike Julianna, Aaliyah's affectionate at times, and would die for hugs, so she'd hug her friends when they accepted. Random? Tell her about it, but she can't help it.

She'd enjoy the litte things. Paper flowers, DIY stuff, or even a teddy bear would make her smile. She doesn't ask for much, so unexpected gifts ( especially of things she talked or cares about ) just put a smile on her face. And did I mention that's something Dylan has learned to do over the years?

God did she hate but love him. She desperately wanted to lose all those feelings for him, a friend, but has yet to do so, and these thoughtful presents weren't helping her in any way.

 She desperately wanted to lose all those feelings for him, a friend, but has yet to do so, and these thoughtful presents weren't helping her in any way

🏹 𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ... !
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ how do we feel about the prologue?