Introduction

In Yorkshire, England. Lord Grantham had married Cora Levinson, an American socialite with a fortune so big it saved Downton, Shortly after they married they welcomed their first child into the world Lady Mary a child with dark brown hair and brown eyes. As she grew up she was joined by twins Lady Edith and Lady Lydia both with light strawberry blond hair but Lady Edith had brown eyes and Lady Lydia had blue eyes. As the twins grew up they were joined by their last sibling Sybil. As time went on their differences continued to shine. Mary projects an image of an enigmatic lady, exuding a sense of cold and calculated socialite to others. Edith is quick to embrace compliments and grand gestures, often motivated by her sense of inadequacy and a deep desire for attention and affection. Lydia tends to follow her twin sister's lead, eager about what is going on and desiring to do what she thinks is best for herself and her twin. Sybil is vivacious and empathetic, often becoming deeply invested in her desire to change the world, driven by a robust sense of justice and a forward-thinking perspective. But the biggest difference, however, was the way the girls were treated. Mary the eldest of the four Mary was expected to marry Robert's heir, keeping Downton Abbey in the Crawley family. With that thought came responsibility and status. Her three younger sisters knew of the order. They knew one day Mary would marry the heir and have the wealth secured. They accepted that fact. but it didn't make it any easier.