2 : You Need To Calm Down

Getting called into the president's office is never a good thing. Getting called into your father's office is never a good thing. But when the president is your father and the PR manager AND Secret Service escort you to his office, you know that you royally fucked up this time, but Meri would never let her father know that she knew that.

"Hi daddy!" Meredith smiles innocently when she enters the Oval Office.

"Sit." Meri drops into the couch immediately, waiting for her father to look up from his desk. He's reading on Bernie's iPad and Meri just has a feeling that he's looking at the article published this morning about her. "Sweetheart, you know that I love you."

"Well, I love you too." Meri replies, smiling, hoping he'll ignore the news of her outburst.

"But what in God's name were you thinking!" His volume makes her smile falter. "I have been on the phone all day with the King of England because you decided to scream at the heir to the throne! Have you lost your mind?"

"Well I can explain–"

"Oh you are going to explain. And you'll explain until your face turns blue about how they took this... this..." Pete groans before he continues, "this disagreement, out of context and you two are actually great friends."

"But..."

"No buts." He glares, and Meri immediately stops talking. "You are going to be on the next flight to London. Today! And you better fix this."

"Yes sir." Meri sighs as he dismisses her.

"Miss Mitchell, welcome back to Kensington Palace

"Miss Mitchell, welcome back to Kensington Palace." Bob Floyd greets Meri as she exits the car.

"It's great to see you, Bob." Meri smiles politely. "Where is the prince?" She questions, moving to help the driver unload her bags.

"Jake's running a little behind today."

"As usual." She groaned, turning back to the prince's best friend and courtier. "Then I will be going to my room and if the prince decides he wants to show up for his affairs then I will gladly make an appearance."

"I expect nothing less from you, Meri." Bob laughs, leading her to the guest wing.

"Oh, Nat is going to be joining me next week."

"Did I hear something about Natasha?"

"Meri, you remember Javy Machado?" Bob reintroduces him.

"Yes, the self proclaimed best friend to the heir who has an unhealthy obsession with my best friend." Meri replies sarcastically as she shake Javy's hand.

"Oh look is the little Miss Americana who can have any man and still acts like a hoe." Javy laughs, unable to keep up in their usual game.

"It's great to see you, Jav. And yes, Nat's going to be here next week, maybe ask her out this time?" The American asks, dropping her bags to the couch in the room.