The Peacemaker''s Choice

She was named by her dear mother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell, before she was born, Lady Samhain, (Celtic for "Summer-Ends") Wilhelmina after her late paternal great-great-grandfather middle name, and for her paternal grandf...

She was named by her dear mother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell, before she was born, Lady Samhain, (Celtic for "Summer-Ends") Wilhelmina after her late paternal great-great-grandfather middle name, and for her paternal grandfather, and given the surname of her paternal great-great-great-grandfather.

On the day she was born, her father, Lord Andrew Charles Howard, fifth Duke of Norfolk Territory created her Duchess of Clarence Territory on Star Base 12 in the name of her paternal great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard.

She grew up with five other sisters and three brothers, and all of them were created a Duke or Duchess of Star Base 12, all but for her oldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane and her younger sister, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, and they were Duchesses in waiting.

She was the second child and daughter of Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Fifth DUke of Norfolk Territory and his Duchess, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann who was also Marchioness of Pembroke Territory.

As she grew up, she grew close to her third cousin, Lord David William Beck, the oldest son of her second cousin removed, Lord David William Beck and her third cousin great-grandfather was Lord Edwin William Howard, the youngest brother of her grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR, both sons of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR.

The two third cousins grew up together and played with each other in the garden at Beltane Manor,where their mother's were good friends and their father's were first cousins to each other and shared the same birthdays but two years apart from each other.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann wrote this in her journal on December 1, 2276, 45 days after the birth of Lady Samhain, "It has been 45 days since I gave birth to my darling Lady Samhain. She is so unlike her oldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane who is so much like her father, Lord Andrew Charles. One is so haughty and proud, and the other is so humble, reverent, and sweet."

"I know that Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard will govern one day after her father, but her time has yet to come."

"However, Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard was created Duchess of Clarence Territory in the name of her late paternal great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard to whom I can relate to as we suffered a similar fate."