4. Are You Serious?

Hailey's POV:

Of course. Leave it to me to walk in on Luke Hemmings making out with some random girl. Like WHY does this have to happen to me are you serious?

And you know, instead of me being a normal person, pretending like I saw nothing, turning around quickly and speed walking away silently, the only thing that for some reason comes out of my mouth is...

"OH SHIT!" Luke stops what he's doing and looks directly at me. Thats when my common sense kicked in and I just turned around, and quickly walked away. 

As I speed walked away, I didn't dare to turn back around to see if Luke was behind me. Listen, I don't blame the girl. He is absolutely beautiful I would be doing the exact same thing if I was in her shoes. 

As I am practically running down this seemingly never ending hallway, I end up spotting Lily and Calum chatting away sitting on the couch in a less crowded area. 

You can tell Calum wants to make some kind of move on Lily but once again, I genuinely can't tell if she knows he's into her... like at all. I think she just thinks he wants to be friends. Once again, oblivious Lily. 

Still traumatized from previous events, I walked up to Lily and Calum and sat on the floor in front of the couch. 

"Hey Hailey!" Lily said snapping out of her conversation with Calum and looking right at me with her usual sunshine glow. "Are you okay? You look a little frazzled." 

Obviously I wasn't going to say I walked in on Luke making out with a girl in front of one of Luke's best friends and I guess bandmate, unless Ashton was drunkenly making that up. 

"Oh I am... good!" I hesitated.

"Ash said he was looking for you before. He was like really fucked up but he did say that he thought you were like super pretty and you seemed really nice! I mean hey, drunk words are sober thoughts!" 

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Where are you off to?" Lily asked. 

Luckily my house was about a singular second walk away from here. I was leaving. There was no way I was getting over the embarrassment of walking in on Luke making out with someone. Even though I don't know him, thats literally embarrassing for anyone. 

"Oh I think I am going to go back home. I might stop back by later but I am a little overwhelmed right now." I said thinking of the best excuse without saying "Yeah I saw Luke swapping spit with a girl and now I am upset about it".

"Oh okay! Let me know if you need anything!" Said Lily then immediately turning her attention back to Calum and resuming their past conversation. I looked back down at my phone realizing how much time really had passed. I wasn't too drunk, but just enough to know that I had been there for a decent amount of time. 

I started walking out of the room when I felt a hand grab mine.

All of a sudden I was pulled through a dark door into an even darker looking room. The lights were completely off, the music was quieter behind the shut door. The figure turned on the lights in the room

Going from bright lights, to a pitch black room, to a bright illuminated room all in a matter of seconds made me squint my eyes to the light turning on.

I looked up and it was Luke in front of me and boy oh boy did he seem very drunk. I couldn't tell where this conversation was going to go. Of course, I saw him making out with a girl but the thing I don't know is what his intentions are. Is he just messing around with people? Was that his girlfriend? Does he even remember me seeing it? Also why the hell am I in Luke Hemmings room?

"Heyyyyy" Luke slurred his words towards me.

"Heyyy?" I responded mocking his drunken tone.

"Don't mock me." He said leaning towards me with a smirk on his face. Shit. Was he going to kiss me? I backed up, my back to the wall. I think I got myself stuck. 

"Oh no not at all." I replied sarcastically still a bit uncomfortable about what happened.

"You are so beautiful Hailey, kiss me" Luke slurred out of his mouth. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. 

"You are so drunk Luke, no!" I responded. He backed away and looked a bit angry. After that interaction, I stood there awkwardly hoping he wouldn't bring up what happened earlier in the night. 

"You know... I saw you earlier" He said. Shit. Does that mean he did remember seeing me?

"Oh... when?" I asked trying to keep a straight face and not cringe at the thought. 

"In the kitchen. With Ashton." He said with a hint of jealousy in his voice. I was shocked when that came out of his mouth. "You know, after seeing you today at the mall I thought you were like totally into me but I saw the way you were talking to Ash. You like him more than me." He frowned.

"Oh my god I barely know either of you. Now if you excuse me, I am l-e-a-v-i-n-g." I said as I pushed him away from me and walked back out the door into the loud house. 

As I walked maybe two steps I once again, crashed into a familiar body. This one smelled familiar. I looked up once again to meet my eyes with the hazel ones I was lost in earlier. 

"Hey hey Hailey! I was looking for you." The voice of Ashton said to me. He seemed to have sobered up a bit.  

"Hey, I think I am going to go. Can you tell Mikey thanks for me? I haven't seen him or Frankie all night." I said with a small frown on my face.

"I am not sure where they went either..." He said with hesitation in his voice. He definitely knew where they went. "Can I at least walk you out?" 

"Sure." I said trying not to think about the now two awkward situations that happened with me and Luke tonight. 

Ashton opened the front door doing an "after you" motion with his hand.

"What a gentleman" I said sarcastically. He let out a light chuckle and followed me out into the somewhat chilly summer night. 

Being by the beach, it got pretty cold at night and my outfit was not fit for cold summer night weather. I looked down at my phone. The time read 1:49AM. No way I was there for that long. The night felt like a blur and I don't know if it was just the alcohol. 

Ashton walked down the steps with me and as I took two steps, I stopped. I just stared out towards the beach.

"Hey, I have an idea. You can absolutely say no like I won't be upset It's just a stupid idea like if you want to go back to the party you absolutely ca-" My run on sentence was cut off.

"Spit it out, Hailey" Ashton said with a chuckle.

"Do you want to go to the beach?"