6- Kidnapped By A Dream

Word Count: 1521

I trudged along the oak path.

There were no lights to guide me under the night stars, but I looked for the turn off that would lead me back to where I was before.

I was sopping wet, hurt, and most likely, lost. Things were not looking that well for me. I squinted my eyes to look at something in the distance. Light came from the end of the long path.

I ran towards it despite the violent trembling that grasped my entire body.

Something didn't feel right as I gazed at the oddly colored building in front of me. It sat in the middle of a shallow lake that was surrounded by bamboo and an oak fence.

My curiosity got the best of me and I went through the front door. Nobody was there and it was sheltered from the cold.

I looked around a bit. The walls were lined with chests of all sorts and there was an empty bed on one side of the place.

I was tired and as I sat down at the corner of the bed I knew I wasn't getting back up.

The covers were warm as I pulled them over top of my wet clothes. My eyes started to dim and soon enough, sleep got the better of me.

-----

"Who the hell are you and why are you in my place?" I woke up immediately as I heard the voice. A man in a white mask and green suit stood over me with a sword in hand. I sat up in a sudden panic.

"S- Sorry, I needed shelter from the rain- and I got a little lost, I'll be on my way now if that's okay with you." I stumbled through the sentence but he pointed his sword at my chest in defiance.

"I don't actually think I am okay with you leaving just yet," he said as he pushed his sword into my chest just enough to feel pain, "Where are you from?"

"Out of town, near the sunflower fields." I answered, and technically, I wasn't lying.

He looked me up and down, "You're from L'manburg, aren't you?" I stared at him, wondering what the right answer was. "My name's Dream, don't trust them. They only bring tragedy and misfortune, I mean look at Wilbur. He went insane and died because of that nation."

I wondered if that part was true for a moment, but scowled back at him in defiance.

Dream took me by my sore arm in a sudden movement and started to drag me along towards a set of stairs that spiraled upwards and into the second floor of the house.

I tried to protest but my body still ached and my mind was still sleepy.

The second floor had a fish tank that lined the outside of it but other than that, it looked plain. Dream took me over to a chair that sat in the corner and tied me up in it.

"Let me go!" I squirmed in the rope that wrapped around my chest and arms but I knew I couldn't escape with all of the injuries that I already had.

"I can't actually do that, you see, I know you're a spy for L'manburg so I'm going to call over some friends to help me question you." I tried to protest but he left the room and I alone.

How could I have been so foolish as to get myself trapped in somebody else's house. I shouldn't have gone into someone else's house in the first place even despite the fact that I had been in danger from the storm.

-----

After around five minutes of waiting in the chair, I finally heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Dream came up first but three others trailed behind him.