TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY- Dining Like Royalty -

CHAPTER TWENTY
- Dining Like Royalty -

       The fog crowded the Going Merry like a blanket, blinding them from seeing beyond the ship's rails. Only the sound of the large vessel breaking through the tender ocean waves was heard amongst the blur. It was a horror movie waiting to happen.

"How's the ship look?" Nami asked as she delicately guided the Going Merry through the hazy air.

Zoro glanced around, move focused on the cracked deck and splintered planks sprawled out across the ship. "Broken railing. Minor damage. Could've been a lot worse."

"It could've gone better too. I mean, that was terrible," Cheshire spoke up, sat with her back to a stable piece of railing. Her sharp nails combed absentmindedly through White Rabbit's fur as he curled up in her lap, soft purrs passing his lips as he slept soundly.

Usopp joined them, gazing out through the ocean as he tried to peer through the fog. "Can't see the Marines anywhere," he informed the group.

Nami rolled her eyes in response. "Cant see anything in this soup," she grumbled. "What we need is a place to lay low, wait out any reinforcements they send after us. But my charts are useless in this fog."

"What did Luffy say?" Zoro asked.

"He's on the bow. He hasn't said anything since we hightailed it," Usopp answered, his eyes wide as he searched for anything threatening through the ominous blanket.

"Well, somebody needs to talk to him," Nami paused for a moment before she added; "about this and the other thing."

The boys and Cheshire exchanged a short and awkward glance, Zoro shrugging. "What other thing?"

"Oh, gee, I wonder."

The three continued to stare at the navigator in confusion.

The orange haired girl continued to grow frustrated with her crew, clenching a hand around the steering. "The vice-admiral-of-the-Marines-is-my-grandfather thing."

"Oh, that." Usopp hummed, awkwardly cupping a hand over the back of his neck as he smiled nervously at Nami. "Yeah, I don't really know the guy that well."

"It isn't my place to say anything," Cheshire agreed with a firm nod, Zoro quickly adding his own comment: "doesn't seem like a big deal."

Nami's jaw clenched. She gestured to Zoro, her voice stern and demanding as she practically ordered him to speak to their supposed captain. "You're his first mate. Kind of seems like that falls under your job description, hmm?"