ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

“Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible! I didn't get to see it much yesterday.” Grim's bright blue eyes shined with amazement. E/c eyes curiously scanned the surroundings before they focusing on the seven statues. 'Hold on— Aren't they those old Disney villains? Why are there statues of them?'

“What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary.” Grim sweatdropped as he pointed a finger at one of them, “Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues.” [Y/n]'s directed her focus to the said statue. It was a statue of woman who wore a large dress, with a crown sitting atop her head, to let people know she was a queen. In her hand was a small scepter, with the tip of it being a heart. 'Huh, well what do you know. The Queen of Hearts is actually quite a famous person here.'

Before the girl could reply, a voice interrupted her. “You don't know of the Queen of Hearts?” a voice sounded from behind them. The two turned around only to be faced with a boy. His fluffy hair a dull shade of orange and flips up at the ends, his bangs fall around his face and between his bright scarlet eyes. He wore a vest over his uniform. Though, the most noticeable feature about him is the read heart over his left eye.

'Paint perhaps?' thought [Y/n] as the boy strutted over to her and Grim. The cat tilt his head curiously, “Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?”

Unoffended by the fact that the cat didn't know of the queen, the boy continued to speak in a carefree manner. “She was a queen who lived in a mazelike garden of roses long, long ago. She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled over a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was immediate decapitation!”

Decapitation? Ooooh, how fun. “Wah! That is seriously messed up!” Grim grimaced at the given information. 'Oh that's not all Grim. For every mistake, someone does no matter how small it is she would order her guards to behead them.' thought the girl as she stood there in silence, watching their conversation.

The boy grinned cheekily, “Pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen that was kind all the time?” [Y/n] nodded her head in agreement but her thoughts begged to differ. 'I'd rather have queen who is kind than one who would have my head just because of the slightest mistake.'

“Yeah, true. A leader needs to be strong.” agreed Grim. “But puttin' that aside... Who're you, now?” asked Grim.

The boy in question, rubbed his palm on the back of his neck and smiled at the both of them, “Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here, as of... today! Pleased to meetcha!” he said, his last words sounding mischievous.

“I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy whos plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. That there's—” Before Grim could continue his words, [Y/n] had interrupted him without a fail. “[Y/n], pleased to meet you too.” She stuck her hand out to Ace, a polite smile painting her lips. A light pink hue appeared on the lad's cheeks, which did not went unnoticed by the girl.

Ace took his hand out and held her's with a gentle grip and shook it, “"[Y/n]"? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it.” His grip loosened as he let go of her hands and [Y/n] cocked an eyebrow at his statement. 'Was that supposed to be an insult?' Before she could retort an answer, their conversation was interrupted by a certain feline.

“So tell me, Ace. Is that lion with a scar in the eye a famous ruler too?” The girl turned to look at who the cat was talking about. Unsurprisingly, the lion Grim was talking about turned out to be Scar. The antagonist of the Disney movie called Lion King. His statue stood proudly and elegantly as it seemed to look over the horizon. Sigh... She still remembers the day he fell down the cliff and got murdered by his former followers, the hyenas, and died so gruesomely like it was just yesterday. Good times, am I right?