𝗲 𝗶 𝗴 𝗵 𝘁

TENSION
"something about you made me feel a little more alive and far less lost"

~mallory~

"gavi cálmate!" i yell and stick my free hand over his mouth. his wet lips stop moving and relax against my touch. "i didn't do this, so just calm down so we can find a way out."

even though i was freaking out internally, i was trying not to let my fear show for the sake of gavi. i already have one completely insane person in front of me, i don't need to act like another one.

i start to slowly remove my hand from his face, my fingertips accidently brushing against his lips gently. his eyes go wide in surprise, but he doesn't point it out directly.

i try to shove his chest away but his grip on my wrist tightens and he shoves me back against the wall, his face only inches from my own. "what the fuck gavi?" i groan, annoyed as my head hits the concrete wall behind me for the second time.

"where are you going?" he questions, eyeing me up and down. he looks scared and i bite my lip to hold back a laugh. his eyes shoot down and his tongue dashes out to wet his bottom lip.

"if you would let go of me, i could show you." i punch his bicep with my free hand and embarrassment flashes in his cheeks through a light blush. he slowly steps back and let's go of my wrist, which falls to my side.

i walk past him and down the hallway, going to one of the main emergency exits. hopefully one of them will be open. i can hear the patter of pablo's footsteps and i know he's following close behind me.

once the door is in sight gavi basically sprints, or more so waddles, towards it. he pushes all his weight against it and lets out a large groan when it doesn't budge. "fuck!" he yells as he smacks his fist against the concrete wall harshly.

"gavi, calm down!" i yell, quickly approaching him to grab his fist. he pulls his hand out of mine at the touch of our fingertips and looks at me with disgust.

"your such a bitch!" he yells, pointing his now bleeding finger at my chest. i stare at him shocked by his unexpected reaction. "this is all your fault!"

"can you stop blaming everything on me, you're not so innocent gavi!" i scream and he flinches back at my voice which comes out way more aggressive than i intended. "why the fuck would i want to lock myself here with you, i would rather die!" my words echo down the empty camp nou hallways until an eerie silence falls between us.

"ugh, mallory i hate you so much!" he yells, his autumn eyes piercing into mine. the glare from the window lights them up to look orangey, he looks angelic. "just shut you're mouth for once in you're life please. i'm trying to find a way out and you won't shut your stupid mouth!"

"you're the one putting all the blame on me!" he looks taken aback like he literally didn't just scream that this was my fault. "oh you're so delusional pablo." i let out an airy laugh and break our aggressive eye contact to look at the floor.

an uncomfortable silence falls between us, filled with an unknown tension. i know we can both feel it, but neither of us decide to speak on it. "just search for an exit on this side of the building and i'll take the other. text me if you find anything." i bite my lip and turn to walk away, but his fingers grasp mine gently.

his touch feels so unnatural and i find myself wanting to feel more of it. besides the way my heart is feeling, my brain is telling me to yank my hand away from the boy who i despise.

"what about my hand?" he mumbles, rubbing over his knuckles gently with his fingertips. he looks up at me, his eyes sparkling with fear and hurt. for the first time in my entire life, i actually feel bad for pablo gavi.