four

"Lady Ananke." Regulus stood up. She curtsied, and the elder woman nodded, beckoning her forward. As Regulus reached her, the immortal snapped her fingers and spelled them so that the outsiders couldn't hear. "What in the name of Merlin is happening?" A breathy, yet terrified voice questioned to Pandora, who nodded in disbelief. " Whatever is happening, it's for a reason. That's clear." Evan nodded in agreement, and turned to look at his boyfriend, who was still not clear in the head after the presence was made. Barty Crouch Jr. was one of the closest friends of Regulus, right with Evan and Pandora, and the three knew that after the events of last summer, Reggie was not okay. No matter how much she tried to convince them, they could still see the not yet healed cuts on her palm, the everlasting fatigue, her not eating food, sometimes skipping the classes and meals for days, the put together smiles and laughter.

Barty looked at Evan and whispered to him, as the immortal's focus was on the brunette girl.  Pandora looked at them weirdly, eying them from the corner of her eye, as they continued to kneel and bowed their head. " Evan look," he began, and saw him visibly stiffen. He scoffed. "No, I'm not breaking up with you. You're stuck with me for eternity, Rosier, I'm afraid." The man rolled his eyes, as a small smile played on his lips. Barty smiled back, and he continued. " Look, we have to get out of here with Regulus. Before that part. It won't be long, i assume." Evan looked and projected his thoughts to Pandora, who discreetly looked them and whispered back. " I agree, but can we please first get through this? If you may not know, a woman is literally here who can destroy all our lives in a snap of her finger." 

"So, it's all going to be over soon?" Regulus's voice drifted over as the three wizards were quiet. Lady Ananke nodded, and smiled a bittersweet smile. " You must understand hero, that sometimes the hardest choices..ah, require the strongest wills. It's written in every greatest heroes' fate, prophesied long ago."  The immortal nodded as a sign of farewell, and Regulus looked away as she disappeared in a flash of light.

"Is it a good time to say that I absolutely hate prophecies?" Regulus commented lowly, as she headed towards the couches, demigods and wizards sitting up after the departure of Lady Ananke. "So, want to spill the beans on what the fuck were you guys talking about?" Leo said to her as Reggie turned around. " Can't, under the Styx oath," she smiled bitterly.  She turned back and turned on the movies, hoping for the best.

 Not that it ever worked in her favour, she thought mindlessly.

She watched with unfocused eyes as film started.

●○●○

Bianca: "Okay. He's completely nuts."

Regulus [whispering] : "We have to jump off the cliff.  Into the sea ."

Bianca: "Oh, super idea, You're completely nuts, too."

[ An invisible force slams into them, knocking them to the ground.]

Silas [ whispering to Regulus ] : Use your magic.

[ Thalia runs into the battlefield with her shield Aegis. Dr. Thorn winces and growls.}

Thalia [ moving in with her spear] : For Zeus!

" You look really scary Thals." Nico says.

Thalia look at him with a smirk. " I know, devil spawn."

[ Helicopter sound is getting louder. Annabeth and Silas move the Di Angelo siblings to safety while Dr. Thorn is distracted with Thalia.]

Regulus [ muttering under her breath as she makes gestures wither her hands, performing dark magic. ] : Ad Praesidium

[ A bright light surrounds the children of Hades.]

[  Dr. Thorn grows larger, face still human but with a huge lion's body. His leathery, spikey tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions.]

Annabeth [ now visible] :" A manticore!"

Bianca [ demanding, pulling her brother close to her.] : " Who are you people? "

Bianca[ turns towards Regulus] : "What did you do to us and what is that?"

Nico [ gasping with excitement]  : "A manticore? He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!" 

"You're so freaking cute there, Nico."

 "Shut up." 

Regulus [ turning to Bianca and Nico] : " It's a protection spell. It'll keep you safe."

[Annabeth pushes the Di Angelo siblings to the ground, Regulus pulling a shield in front of her as the manticore rises.]  

[ Silas gets the kids to safety under a tree, attacking the manticore from behind.]

[ Grover lands next to Regulus with a thud.]

Dr. Thorn : " Yield!"

Thalia [ shouting as she charges again.] : Never!

[ The helicopter suddenly appears, blinding Thalia with the searchlights. The Manticore swattes her away with its tail.]

Regulus [ running to help her] : "Are you alright? Is it serious?"

[ She raises her shield, the one that her brother gifted and protects them from the spikes.]

Barty whistles. "Damn Reggie, didn't knew you had it in you."

Dr. Thorn [ laughing] : Now do you see how hopeless it is, little heroes? Yield, I'll let you die with mercy."

[ A call of a hunting horn pierces the air.]

Dr. Thorn [ freezing] : " No, it cannot be."

[ A glowing silver arrow sprouts from Dr. Thorn's shoulder. He staggers back, wailing in agony."]

Dr. Thorn [  unleashing his spikes, dozens at once. It cuts through the arrows shot back.] :   " Curse you!"

[ A group of girls comes out of the woods, armed with bows.]

Annabeth: "The Hunters?"