CHAPTER IV

ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ

╔════​ₜₕₑ ₜᵣᵤₜₕ ᵢₛ ᵤₙₗₑₐₛₕₑd════╗

🇪​​🇬​​🇾​​🇵​​🇹​

The bed you laid on was trashed. Half of the duvet laid limply off the mattress, and the cushions were thrown somewhere in the corners of the room. With a sigh, you lift yourself up the bed, and walk lazily to your mirror. Looking at your reflection, you felt the need the urge to retch. Awful, was a word you would describe it. Your hair was a mess, and the fresh clothes you had been changed into were now shriveled.

A soft knock, the sound resonated in the silence. It was familiar and you glanced back.

"Come in," You said. Your voice is crooked and hoarse from the lack of rest from these last few weeks.

The door gLIded open, and revealed the priestess of gentle care. Morora. A lovely name in your opinion, compared to the one you were given. She stepped closer, her eyes soft until she looked at your messy state. Her expression morphed into shock, then, into worry.

"Sister, my sister, what happened to have you in such melancholy ?" She held your hands gingerly, gazing into your dull stare.

"Speak what you came here for. Your pity is the last thing I want to receive" You demanded. Instead, she welcomed you into a hug, and the warmth was too much. Your eyes watered again, and sniffles and sobs were all that left your lips.

"Chosen One-

"Do not call me such, I want no relation with its meaning" You cut her off, and she licked her lips before speaking again.

"My sister-

"Neither that" You broke from the hug, your hands holding hers tighter. "Please, I ask, to call me by my name"

"But I could not, such informality-

"Please, I want to feel human, not something to be afraid to offend, I want to be called by my name, just like you do to a family member...a friend" You choked out, as Morora brushed the tears from your cheeks.

"If it is what you ask me to do, then I shall do it, Y/N" She gently said.

You sat there, stunned. It was the first time you heard someone say your name, your real name. Not called by a status or a privilege name. No, your real name. You cried again, but this time, a glimpse of joy shone in your eyes.

"Morora, thank you, thank you for blessing me with such. To have my name be pronounced from another mouth other than mine, oh, you can't believe how happy this makes me feel inside" You hugged her tighter, laughing quietly. This was the first time you were laughing in such a long time.

God, how miserable you were.

"It is my duty my sist- Y/N, and it is a blessing to have someone as beautiful, gentle and elegant as you, let me use your name"

Your cheeks were tainted with a rosy colour. Compliments were something you grew up with, yet they never felt real, nor deserving. But Morora, hers felt sincere and for the first time, you felt truly loved.

"If I may, let me clean you up, so our priest does not scream the sinners' language at you again"

"Farewell then, you may, Morora" You smiled warmly at her, your eyes squinted, and the said girl blushed by the beauty she was witnessing.

After being adorned with a new white silky dress, and the makeup fixed upon your face, you walked with confidence to the tall wooden doors. Beside you was your fellow priestess, Morora, whom also had changed into something presentable. Loud cheers could be heard from the other side, which left you in a state of panic. You were anxious to see this God. He was known for getting drunk and spending most of his days in a deep sleep. Or so it was said in the tales. For all you know, he could be the complete opposite.

"Are you alright, sis- Y/N ?" Morora had asked worryingly from beside you, noticing your pause in front of the door. Taking a deep breath, you gave her a smile and turned back to open the doors.

"Of course"

"If it is what you claim to say, then I will not ask further" She replied with a small nod, following you into the banquet room.

Gazing around, you were met with all the people whom live inside the temple, including high ranked groups. Even queens and kings from the nearby towns have set themselves in the seats they were given. The finest alcohol and food was placed along the long table in the middle of the room. Banners with the God's mask were hung along the walls, their colour green and gold.

It was then your mind felt like it left your body. Sitting at the front, crisscross on a fancy red cushion, was him.

The Tiger God 'Roronoa Zoro'. God of War and Slumber.

____________________________________