~6~

"Behave yourselves guys!" Louis yelled as he followed the other lads out the door, leaving Niall and I alone in the house thingy.

"So what do you want to do?" Niall asked kinda nervously.

"I don't know. It's up to you." I shrugged and removed myself from the comfortable couch that I was resting on.

"I saw some cupcake mix in the cabinet." He hinted.

"Cupcakes?!" I squealed like a little kid and zoomed into the kitchen area.

He chuckled and followed me.

"So lets see, we need eggs, and flour, and sugar....." I started rambling off stuff and getting them from their hiding place.

"Can I do anything to help?" Niall asked, surprising me. I'm still not used to the boys foreign ways.

"Um sure. Could you get the baking soda please?" I asked him. He nodded and found it with ease.

"Why do we need all this stuff? We could just use the mix...." Niall pointed out.

"Homemade is a lot better...But if you prefer me make it from a box, I can do that instead!" I quickly corrected myself.

"Nah homemade is definitely better, Emily."

I nodded and began mixing the ingredients into a large bowl. I felt Niall come up and press into me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder. I jumped a little at his unexpected move. He gently wrapped his arms around me, making me slightly nervous. His actions were comforting but I still had to regulate my breath at his closeness and my hairs stood up where his skin met mine.

"Emily, I have to tell you something....." Niall began. I could feel his heart beat increase a bit.

I was confused but hummed him to continue.

"I have a confession, I like-" He was cut short by his phone ringing.

I felt him moving behind me as he dug for his phone in his pocket. When he found it, he held it up to read who it was but I saw exactly who it was.

His mom.

"I have to take this." He removed himself from me.

"I understand." I nodded. I forced a smile on my face. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss my mom.

Niall exited the room but I continued baking.

The question on my mind was, what in the world was Niall going to say?

I few moments later Niall walked back into the room.

"That was my mom." Niall said.

"I know. How is she?" I asked as I put the pan of batter in the oven.

"Good. She misses me a lot."

"I bet so. I miss mine a lot."

"Why don't you call her?" He asked as he lifted himself up on the counter.

"One; that's against the law an two; She doesn't have a phone. Only males own phones."

"Oh right they taught us in this workshop thing before we were put in our CS." I just nodded, not letting my eyes drift from the oven.

"Hey Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"What were you going to say before your mom called?"

"Oh um....i forgot?" He said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh....if you remember again, let me know." I told him.