10

"Ma'am, as I've said four times before, we do not groom pets

"Ma'am, as I've said four times before, we do not groom pets. This is an Animal Hospital." The woman storms out, labradoodle in hand, and Inaja rubs her temples agitated.

"Girl i'm so glad my shift ends in 2 minutes."

"Mhm I know that's right."

She goes into the locker room and grabs her things before heading out to her car. As soon as she gets in, her phone rings with a call from—of course— Zay.

"You have perfect timing, My shift just ended. What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm stuck at this fuck ass event. The food nasty too."

Inaja laughs hearing him complain about yet another public event. He hated most of them since everyone was fake and the food was always served in tiny portions.

"I wanna see you."

"Why? So you can eat my food?"

"Nah, because I love you."

The car goes dead silent, and her movements stop. She never did know how to accept genuine affection. She immediately began to overthink. Did he mean that? Sincerely? The last man who told her that tried to kill her so, her hesitance was justified to say the least.

She was still coming to terms with the fact that they were a couple, given that he's always surrounded by Rubi Rose's and Ari Fletcher's.

"You gone say it back? Or are you not there yet?"

"No no, I love you, I just didn't think you felt the same way.."

"You a easy person to love ma. Get dressed, I'm picking you up at 3."

He hangs up, leaving her head filled with different emotions.

"My are you sure?? I feel kinda slutty.."

"That's the best way to feel girl! Now let me see!!"
Maia had come over to raid her fridge and help her bestie get dressed. She knew Malik made her feel a certain way about her body, especially with the scars he left, so she had to help her embrace herself a bit more.