Gabrielle

"You are lonely, and will die if it is just the two of you, alone, on Earth." His voice said, it was loud, and strong, "I am sending another couple, your ages, to keep you company, you will house them, and befriend them." he said, the light fading.

'company?'

They arrive later, from the mountain, I see her first, she is tall, dark, clay colored skin, it was like nothing i'd seen before, her eyes, a dark brown, almost the color of night. They pierced, strong and brave. Her hair is not as long as mine, dark, curly locs.

I see her husband, Steven, Adam says is his name, i do not speak to him, I am to never speak to the man first. He and Adam walk inside, I approach her, smiling.

"Hello, I am Eve." I say, smiling at her, she does not say anything.

"You are Gabrielle, yes?" I ask, I heard Steve say something about her.

"Yes-.. that is me,- I am Gabrielle." She was very specific with this, I suppose she is nervous, we do not want her to feel disregarded.

"Let me lead you to the house, we have a room for you, and your husband, Steven." I say, I had prepared it the day He told us they would arrive soon.

"Thank you." She said, almost sighing, maybe she did not want the room?

I led her to the house, forcing my gaze to not stay on my garden. Adam and Steve spoke to each other, they were laughing, so it seemed they enjoyed each other's company. I waited for their permission to speak.

Adam looks at me, and scowls
"Speak now, Eve."

"Yes, this is Gabrielle, the wife of Steve." I say, I do not look him in the eye.

"Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you, Adam."
Gabrielle says, I suppose she is tired.

"I'm sure it is." My husband said, and continued to speak with Steve

"Will you follow me to your room, Gabrielle?" I ask her, smiling and walking towards her room.

"Yes."

I show her the room, her eyes almost light up, it is small, I decorated it the day I found out she would be coming, my favorite shells , flowers, rocks and bones decorate the walls.

"Thank you, Eve, it is beautiful."
I smile, I am glad.

"Of course."

I realize it is almost time to please Adam.
"Oh, I had better go, it's one line until dinner, Adam will want me."

AUTHORS NOTE:
I just finished this, this part, obviously, is in Eves POV!