Chapter 38: Looking for Trouble!

The night gradually fell silent, but Jiangning knew that everything was about to become unsettled.

Lying on the ground, Jiangning knew that Lin Yuzhen hadn't slept.

"Tomorrow, you don't need to go to the construction site. Accompany Mom for some shopping, buy some clothes and skincare products."

"Why?"

Lin Yuzhen turned her head, and in the darkness, she couldn't see Jiangning's face clearly. "What about you?"

"I'll go."

Lin Yuzhen paused. "What will you do there?"

She was the overall head, and Jiangning didn't even have any involvement with this project. What would he do there?

"I'll help you clean up some garbage."

Jiangning replied calmly.

The next morning, Lin Wen woke up early.

He washed his face, brushed his teeth, shaved, put on a shirt he hadn't worn in a long time, and unlocked the bookshelf. He retrieved some dusty business documents and began reading them seriously on the balcony.

Su Mei didn't know what had happened, but she felt like Lin Wen had changed into a different person.

His entire demeanor, presence, and even his expression seemed different.

She was worried.

Yesterday, Jiangning had told her that starting today, there would be a new Lin Wen. What on earth was happening?

"Mom, today, Lin Yuzhen will accompany you for shopping. Buy some clothes and skincare products."

Jiangning picked up his breakfast from the table, eating as he spoke. "Dad has a lot to review, so don't disturb him."

After saying that, the sound of a car starting could be heard from outside, and Jiangning left quickly.

Lin Yuzhen came out of the house, looking helpless.

Jiangning didn't allow her to go today, saying that he would accompany Su Mei for shopping, which was more important than anything else.

"Mom, after breakfast, I'll accompany you shopping. We haven't been out shopping for a long time."

"Is there anything you need to buy? I don't really need anything."

Su Mei insisted, "Don't spend money recklessly!"

Even though she had just received five million, in her eyes, that money had to be paid back to the East Sea Bank sooner or later.

"No, if you don't buy today, Jiangning said he'd go shopping when he comes back."

Lin Yuzhen pouted.

If Jiangning went, she was worried that this bastard would buy the entire mall!

That day, after returning from the bank, she had searched online to find out what was special about Jiangning's black card. After learning about it, she was shocked for a full hour before she could snap out of it.

She couldn't believe that Jiangning was so wealthy!

"Alright."

Su Mei agreed, although she couldn't accept that Jiangning would spend money recklessly. She would just pick a couple of discounted clothes for herself.

...

Suburban area, construction site.

With sixty more people helping, the progress had indeed improved significantly.