Chapter 1

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The knocking at the door was full of urgency. As if whoever was there was in desperate need to disturb the peacefully sleeping girl in the flat. The knocks at the door became more and more frantic but the girl stayed asleep, well she was awake, WIDE awake. She just had her eyes closed. "It's too fucking early for this, man" she cursed into her pillow, burying her head deep into her comfy pillow hoping the person at the door would take the hint... They didn't. Reluctant to move from her bed she reached her arm out and grabbed her phone. She saw many movement notifications from her ring doorbell app. "Well no shit there's someone at the door," The small girl moved to get herself comfortable in a position she could use both her hands, "NASA can hear him!" She opened the camera on the doorbell app and pressed the microphone button. "JEREMY!"

On the other side of the door the boy stopped banging on the door and looked at the camera. "Good morning sunshine," He said sarcastically with a smile. "Let me the fuck in Shortie." his smile dropped as she tuned the camera off and stopped talking. "For gods sake woman!" he muttered to himself. He took his palms and placed them softly on the wooden door that lead into the girls flat. "NIAOMI!" He shouted through the door, "You have roughly 30 seconds to open this door before the neighbours call the pigs on me!" Jeremy began counting up to 30 slowly to give his friend time to drag herself out of bed and unlock the door. "27!" 

"Alright!" He heard her voice on the other side of the door. "You can shut up now, just let me unlock this fucking door!" The noise of the key turning in the lock and the chain on the door being removed calmed the man down. Light cracked through the door as it opened and Jeremy pushed himself inside. On the sofa he sat and made himself at home before looking at the sleep swept girl standing in her oversized hoodie and undersized short and slyly smiling. "Took your time shorty, did you not want to see me?" 

"I always want to see you, Jer, just not this early in the morning," she whined looking at her friend on her sofa. She made her way to the open kitchen and put the kettle on. "Coffee?"

"Its 11am Mi. What's got you so worked up this morning? Bad date?"

"The worst! He was on the phone to his mum the entire time!" She moaned. "Like, I'm all for being close with your mum, but that is too far!"

"Makes sense why you're so moody then!" 

"Piss off!" Niaomi starred at her friend in utter disbelief. Surely it wasn't that late. It felt so early! "Anyway, whats so fucking urgent that you seemed the need to bang on my door while I'm getting my well needed beauty sleep?" She asked with her back turned to Jeremy making coffee. "Is my brother? My sister? Please don't tell me its my dad!"

"Don't get mad..." He said, hesitantly pulling something from the back pocket of his jeans. He watched Niaomi turn around slowly with a disapproving look on her face. "But I went through your post again..." She opened her mouth to say something but he stopped her as quickly as he could. "Shut up a second! Leon is getting married"

Ah Leon. Niaomi's ex boyfriend. The man this lovestruck baby was supposed to marry. Those two were perfect together, never left eachother's sides, unless it was so Niaomi could have a night out with, you'll never guess! Jeremy. Jeremy, Niaomi and Leon were all best buddies until Leon broke it off with Niaomi after 2 years and ran away to a different continent. It broke her, he was her first love. But after a while she got over it and now she hadn't seen or heard from the guy in over 4 years, and up until now she thought Jeremy had done the same.

"I didn't know you still spoke to him," She thought aloud. In her mind were millions of questions, but in the heat of it all she could only string together one at a time. "To who?" 

"Really Mi, that's what you wanna know?" He asked in disbelief. "We haven't spoken to the guy in 4 years and the one thing you wanna know about this random wedding is to who your first and only love is getting married!" 

"What is it that you are expecting me to say Jer? And obviously I haven't spoken to the man since the end of college but you! You've probably been chatting to him every night to see what he's up to! How else would you know about this wedding!" 

"First of all shorty, calm the fuck down. I haven't been secretly chatting to the bloke behind your back, I'm not that big of a dick. Second of all I was only expecting more of a 'When is the wedding? Where is it?' kinda thing. You get me?"

"Well if you haven't been having little secret conversations with Leon, then how in god's heavenly earth do you know about his wedding to whatever sorry cowbag he's picked this time?" She asked, expecting his answer to be something like 'the news' or 'instagram' or 'facebook' but no.

"You still promise not to get mad at me?" He said.

"Spit it out Jer!" 

"PROMISE!"

"FINE I PROMISE!" 

"So i went through your post..."

"Yes we established that." She interrupted. 

"Will you let me finish woman! I was going through your mail and i found this." He handed her an envelope that had been opened previously. 

"You opened it!" she exclaimed

"Well yeah, how else would i know what it is!" Sarcasm. Wow. HE watched her as she took a postcard sized sheet out the envelope.

"What is it?" She asked utterly dumbfounded.

"Its an invitation, to his wedding. At a couples retreat, in Cuba." 

"What. The. Fuck!"