Chapter 8: The Visitor

One sunny afternoon, as Sengu was basking in the sun's warmth by the window, something extraordinary happened. He sensed a presence—a subtle, yet unmistakable energy that seemed to fill the room. Sengu's curiosity was piqued, and he couldn't resist investigating.

As he padded quietly across the room, he spotted a flicker of movement near the window. It was a butterfly, its wings adorned with intricate patterns of vibrant colors. The butterfly fluttered gracefully, drawing Sengu's attention like a magnet.

With a swift leap, Sengu caught the butterfly in his paws. But instead of feeling a sense of triumph, he was overcome by a strange sensation—a feeling of connection. It was as though he could sense the butterfly's thoughts and emotions.

As Sengu released the butterfly, it hovered in the air for a moment, its delicate wings brushing against his fur. Then, in a burst of iridescent light, it transformed into a figure—a figure that bore a striking resemblance to Askia, the young man Sengu had once been.

"Sengu," the figure said in a voice that resonated with warmth and familiarity. "It is I, Askia. I have watched over you, my feline self, all these years."

Sengu's eyes widened in astonishment. Could it be true? Was this a manifestation of his former human self, reaching out to him from beyond the realms of existence?