do you want me to?

...continuation

Those words left Taylor's lips along with all the willpower in her body and before you know it, her and Steven are kissing like their lives depended on in.  In the heated blur of passion, Taylor finds herself straddling Steven's lap. He places soft, intentional kisses all over her neck and chest before they find each others lips once more, only halting their sensual tango so Taylor can pull Steven's shirt over his head. She runs her fingers all over the skin of his torso and up the length of his arms, their breathing getting heavier. In sync with her touch, Steven's hands roam from Taylor's ankles all the way up the side of her legs, his finger tips grazing the hem of her green sundress . Soft breaths escape his lips at the feeling of her skin beneath his hands. High off of their contact, Taylor once again captures Steven's lips with her own. "I don't want you to ever stop touching me," She breaks away momentarily to whisper against Steven's ear, her voice dripping with emotion.

"Not even if my life depended on it." Steven places soft hands on her lower waist, massaging gently. 

"Your life huh?" Taylor leans her forehead against Steven's so their noses are brushing against each other. 

"My life." He emphasizes and she knew his words were the truth.

~~~~

"You two look cozy." Jeremiah comments as soon as Steven and Taylor enter the house. That's when they realize that their pinkies were intertwined, instantly pulling away. Gauging everyone's  suspicious  looks, they knew it was useless to try and deny that something was in fact going on between them.

"Its complicated alright." Taylor concedes, grabbing a ahold of Belly's hand and leading her upstairs.  

"So Steven," Conrad adds amusedly as soon as they disappear up the steps. 

Steven sighs in feign annoyance. He knew the fisher bros weren't going to let this go anytime soon. 

"There's nothing to tell man." Steven walks by them at the doorway. He throws his bag on the couch before taking a seat. 

"Ah, Sure dude." Jeremiah knowingly glances over at Conrad who shares his skepticism. Steve-O had to come clean sooner or later. 

They spent the rest of that evening  catching Steven up on the situation with the house. It is their most precious and tangible memory of their mother and they were willing to do everything in their power to change their Aunt Julia's mind about selling. Now that Steven and Belly are here, they are all in this together. 

~~~~

Upstairs, Taylor paces Belly's room as she recounts to her the events of the past twelve hours concerning her brother. 

"Oh my god, Taylor!" Belly covers her ears, mortified. "I do not need to know about how much of a good kisser Steven is. The only thing I've pictured his mouth doing for sixteen years is eating my blueberry cereal! But...just so you know, I'm not mad at you guys. A few death threats to Steven about what'll happen if he hurts my best friend then I'll be A-Okay with you guys being a thing." She half-jokes which makes Taylor break out into a grin before tackling her to the bed in a tight hug. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you Belly Button!" Taylor gives her a big kiss on the cheek. 

"Alright, alright," Belly returns her hug and they soon move back into a sitting position. 

"We definitely are a thing, there's just no word for it yet." Taylor says thoughtfully. She's excited and maybe a little bit scared, about what lies in store for her and Steven. 

~~~

"Ah yes, the good stuff," Steven enters Belly's room where Taylor is sat in front the mirror doing her night time skin care. 

Her hair is wet hinting that she just came out of the shower. That and the fact that she's still wearing a towel.

"What do you want Steven?" Taylor attempts to be indifferent to his presence. The truth is, her heart is racing with anticipation. This is the first time they are speaking since arriving earlier today.  

"To see you of course." Steven responds sweetly as he begins to stroll towards her. For some reason, Taylor's façade always crumbles around him. Admittedly, she loves it just as much as she fears it. Its like he sees right through her so effortlessly and she understands him without even trying. If she's the sun, he's the moon and they belong in the same sky. 

"Come on," He scoops Taylor up off the stool bridal style. 

"Hey!" Her playful protest ceases when she realizes Steven has put her to sit on his lap. At that, they shyly smile at each other through the mirror.

"Where's Belly? Is she around?" Steven voices. 

"No, I think she went with Conrad for a walk on the beach." 

"Ahh," He nods thoughtfully. "I hope those two work things out."

"Oh sweet, naïve Steven," Taylor pats his cheek, "Its Jelly season believe me."

"Oh yeah?" Steven chuckles. "Your towels getting me wet." He inspects his now damp t-shirt. 

"...and for that," She turns sideways to wrap both of her arms around his neck. "You only have yourself to blame." Taylor goes in for a kiss with Steven and he happily meets her halfway. He wraps his arms around her waist, deepening their contact. 

"Is this," Steven gestures between them once they pull apart. "-going too fast for you? You can tell me, you know that right?" His voice is laced with care and concern for Taylor. 

"Steven, " She begins. "I've had a crush on you for years. Those years of wanting to be close to you moved by really slowly. I don't wanna get stuck in what felt like a time loop ever again. So, no I don't think we're moving too fast. We'll figure it out wont we?"

Steven nods in response as he gazes at Taylor with immeasurable adoration in his eyes. "We will."

"Don't go breaking my heart Conklin." Taylor giggles in contrast to how vulnerable her words sounded. 

"I couldn't if I tried." Steven sing-songs and they both burst out in a fit of laughter. 

"Cute." Taylor says with the biggest smile before placing a kiss on the side of Steven's lips. 

"Cute eh?" Steven's hand slowly begins to travel up the back of Taylor's leg. "Are you sure about that?"

"I take it back!" She shoots up  from his lap, making a run for it. 

Steven plays along and chases after her. He catches Taylor by the wrist before she can leave the room. For every step he takes towards her, she takes one back, her heart racing uncontrollably. Taylor's back eventually makes contact with the door post and Steven hovers over her  with a smirk on his face. He slowly raises her wrist to his face before planting a tender kiss against her pulse. "Still wanna take it back?"