The last day with her

We had get up that morning like every other day. I got dressed and then we went downstairs to be with the family , around one or so Luna started to act like she would when she wanted me to take her for a walk ( walks were one her's and my favorite thing to do together) so I got my shoes on and got her harness and leash and put her harness on her and attached the leash to it and headed to the front door to take our walk.

It was a beautiful spring day a perfect day to go on a walk so Luna and I went on our last walk little did I know that then. 😢 it was a nice little walk we were on our way back home when Luna needed to make a stop to sniff in front of a house and maybe go potty before continuing to home. When a gray female pit bull dog came out of the house that were in front of and attack Luna's back leg . I then started trying to get this dog off my dog crying for someone to help me a brown male pit bull dog came out of the same house and starts to attack Luna's side thank god she was wearing her harness he couldn't get her to bad as this is all going on I'm now screaming and crying for someone to come help me. Finally someone from that house comes out and help me and get them off my poor baby so I can get her home.

I pick her up and carry her home crying the whole time. We get home where my sister and brother in law and nephew are. My sister notices something is wrong and asks me what happened were and I tell her and she and my brother in law calls the police and then she takes me and Luna to vet clinic to get her looked at .

At the vet the veterinarian says that Luna will need to get some of her wounds cleaned out closed up and others were just cleaned out . Later that evening my sister and I got the call from the vet that Luna was able to go home with us so we went to get her.

That night I "slept"on the floor with Luna just to try to keep Luna comfortable. Thought out the night all she did was lay her blanket on the floor of my room was cry out in pain and be scared that the big dogs would come back after her.

The next morning my sister came into my room to give Luna her medicine and talk to her about getting better,she  convinced me to go down stairs to get something to eat and drink while Luna rested .

After I ate my lunch  I was talking to another one of my sisters on the phone and  fell asleep on the couch on my phone.
To only moments later to be woken up by my sister crying after she had gone to check on Luna and found her dead in my bedroom. Luna had died in her sleep 😢

There isn't a single day since that day that has passed that I don't think of Luna  and I miss her dearly .