Chapter 4: Ties that bind

The lavish wedding ceremony continued, despite the simmering anger and disbelief that hung over Avneet and Siddharth. They exchanged rings, though their eyes conveyed a mix of resentment and silent agreement that this was merely a facade.

As the priest pronounced them husband and wife, Avneet and Siddharth shared a brief, insincere kiss. It was a kiss filled with frustration and defiance, a kiss that masked their true feelings beneath the guise of a contract marriage.

The reception was an extravagant affair, attended by guests who were unaware of the underlying tensions between the newlyweds. Avneet's sister, Vaishnavi, and Siddharth's brother, Abhishek, made speeches praising the union and emphasizing the importance of their business interests.

Throughout the evening, Avneet and Siddharth exchanged curt pleasantries with their guests, playing the part of the happily married couple. But behind closed doors, their arguments continued, fueled by their mutual disdain and pride.

Days turned into weeks, and the reluctant newlyweds found themselves sharing a home, each occupying separate rooms, a physical representation of their emotional distance. They maintained a strict schedule, avoiding each other as much as possible, their interactions laced with sarcasm and hostility.

Yet, amidst the chaos of their tumultuous marriage, there were moments of unexpected connection. Siddharth found himself intrigued by Avneet's determination and fierce independence. Avneet, in turn, noticed Siddharth's moments of vulnerability, hidden beneath his cold exterior.

One evening, as they sat in silence at the dinner table, Siddharth broke the ice. "Avneet, I know we both despise this situation, but perhaps we can find a way to make the best of it."

Avneet raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "What are you suggesting, Siddharth?"

Siddharth sighed, a rare display of vulnerability. "Let's at least try to cooperate in public. Our businesses are at stake, and if we want this contract marriage to succeed, we need to present a united front."

Avneet considered his words for a moment before nodding reluctantly. "Fine, I can do that. But don't expect anything more from me."

Siddharth nodded in agreement. "Agreed. Let's at least make this charade work."

As they begrudgingly reached a truce, little did Avneet and Siddharth know that this fragile alliance would be tested in ways they could never have imagined, and that the sparks of attraction hidden beneath their anger might just ignite something neither of them anticipated.

End of this chapter.

I would be posting short chapters today and I might complete it.
Thank you
~Saanvi💋💌.
Words- 415.