1.Sitara Oberoi

इन राहों की दूरियां
निगाहों की दूरियां
हम राहों की दूरियां
फनाह हो सभी दूरियां🍃

The echoing rhythm of Sitara's heels resonated through the grand Oberoi mansion as she descended the staircase. Her gray office attire clung to her, making her look so hot. Her waist-length straight hair flowed around her, enhancing her beauty. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she spotted her mother-in-law and sister-in-law seated in the dining area. She approached them.

"Good morning, Maa," she said, embracing her mother-in-law from behind.

"Good morning, my child," her mother-in-law replied.

"Good morning, Bhabhi, and my adorable munchkins," she said, gently caressing Akshita's pregnant belly.

"Your little munchkins are causing me trouble already," sighed Akshita.

"Don't worry, Bhabhi, just a few more months," Sitara said, trying to comfort her.

"Sitara, sit down and have breakfast," Nishtha, her mother-in-law, ordered.

"No, Maa, I'm running late for a crucial meeting today," Sitara replied, her face displaying worry.

"Relax, Mrs. Ruhaan Oberoi," came Advik's voice from behind, as he placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

At the mention of Ruhaan's name, Sitara's heart skipped a beat, feeling butterflies in her stomach.

"You'll secure the deal, I trust you," Advik said, giving her an encouraging smile.

"Yes, Bhai, but I need to review the presentation," she replied, her anxiety evident.

"It's alright, Sitara. You still have time for that. Sit and have breakfast," Advik suggested.

"But, Bhai—" Sitara began to argue, only to be interrupted by her father-in-law's entrance.

"Sitara, sit and have breakfast, or you'll fall sick," Kabir said, his tone as cold as ever, showing no difference between him and Ruhaan.

"Yes, Dad," she conceded, taking a seat next to Akshita.

Kabir, Advik, and Nishtha joined them, and the servants served breakfast. As Sitara took a bite of her sandwich, she felt a lump in her throat.

"By the way, Sitara, when is Ruhaan coming back? You know we have Akshi's baby shower tomorrow," Nishtha inquired, causing Sitara to choke on her food.

"What happened, Sitara? Drink this," Akshita offered her a glass of water, patting her back gently.

"I think it got stuck," Sitara managed to say after taking a sip.

"Eat slowly," Advik advised, concern etched on his face.

"I can't eat. I'll just have tea," Sitara decided, pouring herself a cup.

The room fell silent, and Sitara finished her tea before excusing herself.

"I'm done. Goodbye, everyone," she said, touching Kabir and Nishtha's feet.

"Take care, my child," Nishtha said.

"And best of luck, my shining star," Akshita wished her.

"Thank you, Bhabhi," Sitara replied with a forced smile. "Dad, Bhai, I'll meet you directly in the conference room," she added, looking at them.

"Alright," Kabir said, and Advik nodded.

Sitara's POV

Currently, I'm driving my car to the office. There's an important meeting scheduled today, a deal that means the world to Ruhaan. He has been eagerly anticipating this moment for so long. But here I am, driving alone, clueless about his whereabouts. When Maa asked me about him, I feigned a coughing fit, claiming a sandwich got stuck. The truth was, I desperately wanted to change the topic. What should I do? They kept asking about my husband, who has been away on a business trip for the past week, not bothering to inform me. I felt an overwhelming urge to cry, but I held back my tears.