Chapter 1 - Break Up

I don't get it. Why do most breakups happen on a day as beautiful as today?

That was what 24-year-old Kim Haebin thought as she walked through the slightly packed street. She wished it had been raining that day. At least she could cry in public and wouldn't have to worry about hiding her tears.

Kim Jongin, how dare you leave me when the day is this bright?

She actually couldn't believe the situation she was in right now. Did she really just get dumped by her boyfriend whom she had been seeing for three years? Honestly speaking, she's the one that should be leaving him and not the other way around.

Why? Because he's the one who cheated on her.

Who would have thought that the man named Kim Jongin would choose to fall in love with his own girl best friend? Haebin was already suspicious of the boy when she saw him with Kang Seulgi a few days ago, but she brushed it off, thinking it was nothing more than a normal hangout between friends. Guess she thought wrong.

What a jerk!

She really wanted to scream at the top of her lungs in the middle of the crowd, but she had already gotten her daily dose of embarrassment. Maybe she could try that another day.

"We're over, Haebin. I love someone else more than you. We both don't fit and are not meant to be."

Jongin's words rang in her ears, adding to the pain that was already welling up. She needed to get this out of her. She needed someone to listen to her problems, but she couldn't think of anyone.

Who should I call?

Yerim? The girl's abroad now, there's no way she's willing to return to Korea just to calm her down.

Seungwan? If Haebin's not mistaken, she had a day full of classes today, so bothering her wasn't an option.

Joohyun? She must be busy with her work. Next week, a fashion show will be held, so there must be a lot of things that she had to manage as the main fashion designer of the event. She's also most likely still closing her eyes at her boyfriend's—Junmyeon's house.

She sighed. There seemed to be no other choice. She rummaged around in her bag before taking out her cell phone. She scrolled through the contacts until she found the desired number.

A few rings before a very familiar raspy voice was heard.

"Sehun."

****

As Haebin entered the house, she went straight to the bedroom. She closed the door and finally, the tears that had been held back started to fall.

Pain. That's all she could feel at the time. It wasn't her first time breaking up with someone but why was the pain still so hard to swallow?

Was it because they were in love for three years? If it's about the period, she bet the relationship she had with Park Chanyeol, a senior back in high school, used to last longer.

Or was it because they both were not yet mature for a relationship? Looking back, there were times when each of them had a hard time admitting their own mistakes. They even fought while choosing the flavor of an ice cream.

Kim Jongin. I will always remember you.

Surprisingly, Haebin didn't feel angry towards Seulgi at all. Although, the girl was the reason the relationship came to an end. But still, she couldn't be more mad at Jongin.

If he already had someone else and had a hard time maintaining the relationship, can't he just be honest and straightforward with her?

Wasn't such a situation better than 'Haebin bumping into Jongin and Seulgi while they were all over each other in a cafe without her knowing'?