I

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The taxi driver knocked on the window of the yellow car, alerting me awake and I wake up after some while of sleep. I blink my eyes to adjust to the day-light and my surroundings, exitting the car once I'm somehow fully awake.

"Thanks." I pay the taxi driver, take out my luggage with few things I managed to take from the island and look up at the house I left from 8 years ago. The house where me and my uncle live.

"Well, I'm back." I mutter to myself with small tired and nervous smile. It's been a long time since I saw my uncle, hell I didn't even talk to him through all these 8 years I worked at Jurassic World. And that's what's making me nervous.

The last words he said to me were that if I leave back to the island to never contact him again. I know he was mad that time but maybe he calmed down and accepted the fate and that I left and will be happy to see me after a long time. But maybe he won't. Maybe he's still mad at me after all these years. He didn't pick up or texted back when I called him to let him know I'm coming back. And it's making me really unsure and nervous. 

I shake my head to get rid of those negative thoughts and step forward towards the house I used to live in, dragging the suitcase behind me with my unbroken arm. 

Once I reach the front door, with hesitation I rise my hand and knock on the door. For a few seconds I stand there anxious, though I try to keep the smile on my face. It's difficult for me to stay happy and positive after what happened at the island. When I remember who I lost. Again. 

Finally the door open, but my smile fades quickly once I come face to face someone I didn't expect to see.

I stand there dumbfounded, staring at the strange man I never seen before. He looks to be in his late-thirties, brown short hair and fixed slight beard. The man gives me strange, confused look, tilting his head a little.

"Can I help you?" He ask, crossing his arms on his chest. I snap from my staring, still looking confused af.

"Uhm, sorry. Who are you?" It's not what you'd expect a stranger to ask, but now I can't think properly from the rush of confusion. Something isn't right.

"Uhh, Peter Warren? I'm owner of this house. Who are you?" He ask back and I feel like my brain exploded from bigger confusion. 

"What do you mean 'owner of this house'?" It's rude to do so but my finger point at him, seeming suspicious of what the hell is happening.

"Exactly what I said. I live here with my family." His words takes me off guard when he mentions his family. What the hell does he mean 'his family'? Living and owner of my and uncle's house? What's going on?

"What?" Is only thing that came out of me, clear confusion written over my face.

"Dear, who is it?" A female voice suddenly say from inside the house and strange woman I never seen before came to the man's side. Two little children around 8 and 10, a girl and a boy, also run to the two adults, standing by their side. By the looks of it they must be the man's wife and children. All of them stare at me like I stare at them.

"Who are you?" The woman ask the same question her husband asked, noticing my stuff beside me. I don't answer, only stare with my jaw dropped. I try to think what could possibly be happening, if I'm at good adress but when I look, I'm right. I know this is exactly my house. 

"Umm, I used to live here with my uncle before I had to leave for a job." Somehow I manage to say, desperate for answers.

"Oh, well, we've lived here for seven years now. On the internet it showed it's for sale and we took the oppurity and bought it." The woman stated and her husband nodded and added, holding onto his daughter's shoulders.
"We don't know who owned the house before us."